LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im thinkin of gettin a compressor so i can use some air tools and also do a lil minor spraying at home (wit a hvlp guns).

its a c/h 7 hp 60 gal 135psi , says it has 10.3 [email protected] and 11.8 @40.
would this work for my applications.its a single stag also

i bought a couple cheap guns they say they need 7.0-9.0 cfm i think the compressor i mention will work.$400

any info will b helpful

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
*** It will work,,, I have a 60 gal. Husky compressor that i got at Home Depot..... Has a lifetime warrantee, 100% duty cycle, & cast iron.... I paint & do alot of body work w/ air tools....Get a good air filter ($90) or else get 2 cheaper ones that they sell at Menards ( run them in a line ) .... then get a disposable pre-filter for your paint guns... It all helps .....

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys i did a lil more research the compressor i was talkin about is the same at home depot and lowes just a different color :0
also thanks for the info also do i still have 2 buy a regulator desiccant dryer and how many filters would i need if i buy them from home depot

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
I got 2 on mine plus a pre-filter at the gun....

·
Registered
949 Posts
My makeshift little system at home i've a good run of piping from the compressor straight up then on a slight angle further up for some length then back down to my regulator filter then I use dunny roll holder a metre after that .. then my length of hose to the gun -- its only temporary but I;ve had no problems with water/oil goin through my lines ..
and as long as your compressor runs the same or more CFM than your gun requires at a given pressure you will have no problems ..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.