LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im thinkin of gettin a compressor so i can use some air tools and also do a lil minor spraying at home (wit a hvlp guns).

its a c/h 7 hp 60 gal 135psi , says it has 10.3 [email protected] and 11.8 @40.
would this work for my applications.its a single stag also

i bought a couple cheap guns they say they need 7.0-9.0 cfm i think the compressor i mention will work.$400

any info will b helpful

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I TALKED WIT U B4 SWITCH R U USING HVLP GUNS AND HOWS THAT CAPRICE COMING

·
Registered
10,888 Posts
yep i use hvlp and the caprice is on hold as far as paint go's.....

i am going to focus all attention on getting the storm done with bodywork and full primer so it can sit til summer.......

it will be in full primer either tomorrow or the next day....

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
*** It will work,,, I have a 60 gal. Husky compressor that i got at Home Depot..... Has a lifetime warrantee, 100% duty cycle, & cast iron.... I paint & do alot of body work w/ air tools....Get a good air filter ($90) or else get 2 cheaper ones that they sell at Menards ( run them in a line ) .... then get a disposable pre-filter for your paint guns... It all helps .....

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys i did a lil more research the compressor i was talkin about is the same at home depot and lowes just a different color :0
also thanks for the info also do i still have 2 buy a regulator desiccant dryer and how many filters would i need if i buy them from home depot

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
I got 2 on mine plus a pre-filter at the gun....

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
u have 2 home depot filters on
also do i need to get a desiccant dryer and a regulator

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i really just need 2 know cause im getting it today and so i can set it up yoday also :cool:

·
Registered
949 Posts
My makeshift little system at home i've a good run of piping from the compressor straight up then on a slight angle further up for some length then back down to my regulator filter then I use dunny roll holder a metre after that .. then my length of hose to the gun -- its only temporary but I;ve had no problems with water/oil goin through my lines ..
and as long as your compressor runs the same or more CFM than your gun requires at a given pressure you will have no problems ..

·
Registered
10,888 Posts
here's my compressor and here's the list of materials i had to get to wire it.....

1 #10 romex 25 foot wire with ground
2 1 bag romex connectors
3 staples
4 metal box
5 wall outlet female 20 amp
6 coverplate
7 male plug

bought everything at menards.......

1 - 14 of 14 Posts