LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the difference between 3" and 4" air cylinders? i want my car to go as low as possible with cylinders, so do both go just as low, but the 4" goes higher on lift, or what? thanks,
kevin.

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
3 inch and 4 applies to the diameter
you can find either in any length from 1" on up

the fatter diameter the easier it is to lift on lower pressure

so the fatter cylinder should be used for the heavier end of the vehicle

·
Registered
110 Posts
the standard air ride cylinders as follows

3" have usually a 5" stroke.
4" usually have a 4" stroke
3.25 usually have a 3.75 inch stroke.

I prefer the 3.25's. what are you going to be using it in?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
5 gallon 8 port air tank
3/8 air line (50 feet)
10 switch box

SMC Valves (8 3/8 150 psi valves)

viair 450 compressor

4" air cylinders (4)
$60.00 each

Front and rear cylinder brackets

good so far?

·
Registered
110 Posts
I just did a 91 accord. Check on www.alteredaltitudecustoms.com

I did the front with a 3.25 inch cylinder. the spindle gets real close to the can. Even wiht a grinded down spindle and i pushed the can back into the strut tower a couple degrees it still came close to the spindle. I layed that red wagon out on a 3.25 inch parkers and custom made drop forks
. I got the drop forks and parkers in stock cheap. Good luck, also dont get a 450c, get a 380c cuz you will need higher pressure if you run those 3.25 inch cylinders in the front.

On my prelude I have 4" cylinders wiht drop forks. I made them fit without a problem. its nicer to run the larger cylinder but sometimes more work involved in grinding everything out to make it not rub. I also got a set of slighty MAC air cylinders for a 91 accord with billit alluminum mounts for sale cheap.

Check it out @ www.switchpimp.com

·
Registered
480 Posts
i got 4 in the front and 3 in the back no prob yet, i got the same set up only running 150 psi, but i went all 1/2 lines and valves

1 - 8 of 8 Posts