LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can somebody show or tell me how to hook this up to my bike because nobody in bikes and models seems to know. The dude im buyin from also said i need a custom cage so if anybody can help i would appreciate it :biggrin:

Attachments

·
Registered
6,612 Posts
DEpends on what you want it to do. How are you going to power them? Do have a compressor of some kind? Those are industrial cylinders. From some kind of machine. the fitting at the top of the cylinder is to push the rod out(lift). the one at the bottom is to suck it back in(drop). The only way I can see to mount them is the 4 bolt holes on the corners. If your doing he back of a trike. Then you would have to build some sort of rack to bolt them on in a way that they can push down on the axle. Don bother putting them to the front. There is only one way that I can think to do it without it looking like shit. That would require alot of major changes to the frame and alot of metal work. Ask in air forum. Or better yet fuck air get hydros :uh: :biggrin:good luck :cool:

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i jus want to power them with co2, is that possible, if so, then how do u hook the lines and tank up

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
i would say the rod goes through the hole in the spring pocket
and you may need to make a custom spring perch off the neck to make it mount

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
unless the rod threads into the spring bracket on the neck
and the case of the cylinder sit's in the pocket

to power them up just ad pressure to the back rear port
and put a filter on the other to keep shit out of it

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Originally posted by backblower@Aug 23 2005, 05:15 PM~3678362
can somebody show or tell me how to hook this up to my bike because nobody in bikes and models seems to know. The dude im buyin from also said i need a custom cage so if anybody can help i would appreciate it :biggrin:
the cylinder basically takes the place of the spring. You hook up the hoses to those top peices, both or just one I guess which ever works. It's as easy as that.

·
Registered
856 Posts
go back to the bike forums. maybe the reason nobody over there knows anything about air ride is because their all to young to drive.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts