LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have pics of one up close, ie, where it bolts up, on both ends. im trying to make a custom setup for a friend, but i dont want to make him spend the money on a cylinder if he cant use it. is there a bolt or a not that you can use to tighten the short end to a strut mount, or does it HAVE to be mounted the other way around?

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Originally posted by 216RIDER+Nov 25 2003, 02:38 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (216RIDER @ Nov 25 2003, 02:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--xbatmanx@Nov 25 2003, 11:11 AM
mine are like this

why upside down?

youre saving on volume but losing on lifting force..

or is the trucks ass so light it doesnt matter?[/b][/quote]
i was wondering also

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
how could it be different either way? i dont understand?? he is still using the part without the rod too air it up.

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by hydrota@Nov 25 2003, 10:21 PM
how could it be different either way? i dont understand?? he is still using the part without the rod too air it up.
god damn, youre right :0

lol, ok, call me a dumbass!! :biggrin:

the upside down cylinder had me thinking all backwards :(

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Originally posted by 216RIDER@Nov 25 2003, 09:40 PM

god damn, youre right :0

lol, ok, call me a dumbass!! :biggrin:

the upside down cylinder had me thinking all backwards :(

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

That's the second time you've got me thinking - ALL FOR NOTHING!

I was trying to work out why it should be different if mounted the other way round, then I saw your reply!

The other time was when you told me my air spring mounting/ride height idea would give me no lift. I had to re-examine my idea - WHICH WAS OKAY IN THE FIRST PLACE!

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by M-827+Nov 26 2003, 07:54 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (M-827 @ Nov 26 2003, 07:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--216RIDER@Nov 25 2003, 09:40 PM

god damn, youre right  :0

lol, ok, call me a dumbass!!  :biggrin:

the upside down cylinder had me thinking all backwards  :(

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

That's the second time you've got me thinking - ALL FOR NOTHING!

I was trying to work out why it should be different if mounted the other way round, then I saw your reply!

The other time was when you told me my air spring mounting/ride height idea would give me no lift. I had to re-examine my idea - WHICH WAS OKAY IN THE FIRST PLACE!

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:[/b][/quote]
thinking is good for you..

the first time was a misunderstanding

the second was a brain fart! :0

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
:biggrin: :biggrin:

I realize that! I'm not questioning your expertise, I've learnt more form you than anyone else on this forum!

:cool:

·
Registered
343 Posts
i have my bags mounted upside down in my marquis simply because it is easier to screw in an air fitting from the bottom of the bag then to try and reach all the way to the top of the coil pocket, and with the firestone bag it had the single bolt in the bottom and my coil pocket had a ingle hole in the top already so it was one less hole i had to drill

1 - 15 of 15 Posts