LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont see alot of air filters on air compressors well at least in most of the setup i see on the net. do i have to use one.???? would it hurt the compressor.???

·
I Dig Chix Wit Glasses!!!
14,255 Posts
are you talking about the ViAir ones? they have filters on them. The 100% ones have em too, but I don't see much ppl using filters on those either. Hit up Big Dan or Joe Bomb.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
intake filters, or a filter for the output of the compressor?

I use one on the intake of the compressor, if no dirty air gets into the compressor, none should make it into the tank. ;)

·
Registered
677 Posts
running without a intake filter will eventually wreck the compressor. Dirt will get in and scratch the cylinder walls and wear out any other contact surfaces.
Plus the air will be cleaner for running in the lines and will also extentend the life of the seals in your valves.

Last edited by Skuce2 at Dec 23 2003, 04:15 PM

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
always use a intake filter dirt = pain, suffering, gunk, leaks, clogs, would you run your car with no filter i wouldn't also using a intake filter will also kinda muffle the sound of it

but if the compresser is in the trunk away from open environment then i guess it would be ok

1 - 5 of 5 Posts