LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
comeon now dickass... do you really believe the first hydro hopper hitting big inches were full blown streetable cars..

nope, I dont think so..

give it time, it's still a new technology fuckface

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by enough_talkin@Sep 5 2003, 08:41 AM
just a simple question....but making bags hop seems like a shitload of work...why not just juice the thing and if you like a nice ride put accumulators on it and save some $$ and space
it's just about seeing what can be done, trying out new ideas..

give it a couple of years, we'll be standing duallies on the rear bumper with bags :biggrin: :biggrin:

·
I Dig Chix Wit Glasses!!!
14,255 Posts
Originally posted by 216RIDER@Sep 8 2003, 07:56 PM
comeon now dickass... do you really believe the first hydro hopper hitting big inches were full blown streetable cars..

nope, I dont think so..

give it time, it's still a new technology fuckface
new technology is ever changing. I hate that but what ya gonna do. :dunno:

·
KTownSwangin
8,664 Posts
Heres a truck nosin up with Westrides from LIL at the langley show this past weekend,it was on air

Last edited by str8cut at Sep 8 2003, 08:56 PM

·
Registered
153 Posts
Now... isnt a HUGE risk running 350psi to your bags with nitrogen? Arent the max PSI ratings on them like 185 or some shit like that? Can anyone explain this to me... cuz im running nitrogen, and i havent dared go above 250PSI, I can still hop it, but I just am too afraid to do more... Can I without the risk of busting my bags? If someone c ould help thatd be great.

Last edited by 91caprice at Sep 12 2003, 11:25 AM

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by 91caprice@Sep 12 2003, 01:24 PM
Now... isnt a HUGE risk running 350psi to your bags with nitrogen? Arent the max PSI ratings on them like 185 or some shit like that? Can anyone explain this to me... cuz im running nitrogen, and i havent dared go above 250PSI, I can still hop it, but I just am too afraid to do more... Can I without the risk of busting my bags? If someone c ould help thatd be great.
two words..
Slam Specialties :thumbsup:

J

·
0 Posts
The only way to run higher pressure with nitrogen is to get airbags and valves with high psi ratings so that they do not blow. you can get valves that can handle up to 450 psi now and bags that handle around 300.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I've got the Air Lift Company 2B6 GenII Extreme air springs and they are rated at 300psi.

Mike

·
Registered
82 Posts
I hop my truck @ 600psi, I have made a LOT of changes over the winter and will be hitting twice as hard this 2005 season, like 800psi. I run the Air Lift 2B-7 Extreme Bags, and Air Lift Valves. Thought you all might like to check it out.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Originally posted by Mark@Dec 22 2004, 10:53 AM
matt i still dont understand how you have the 2b7 on the front with NO rubbing what so ever
[snapback]2531502[/snapback]​
I cut a lot out to make it work, it works great though they lift good at lower pressure and NO rubbing. Thanks.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Originally posted by draggingbody@Dec 22 2004, 12:31 AM
matt u rock!  lol
[snapback]2530632[/snapback]​
LOL, Thanks and yes I am going to hop on 20" wheels this next year at least a couple of times. Thanks for the comments.

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Originally posted by [email protected]@Dec 22 2004, 05:17 PM
LOL, Thanks and yes I am going to hop on 20" wheels this next year at least a couple of times. Thanks for the comments.
[snapback]2533051[/snapback]​
i cut alot as well ( i have talked to you about the brackets jason made for you) but i have the problem with the spindle and the bag touching

·
Registered
91 Posts
Gotta get my truck back on the road, been sittin for awhile now, if i do i'll throw 600psi at it and see what happens. Are you running a airtank? or just nitrogen directly to the bags? havent found any good tanks rated very high yet, seen people make them out of 1/4" wall 4 or 5" pipe though.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Originally posted by baggednissan@Dec 24 2004, 08:13 AM
Gotta get my truck back on the road, been sittin for awhile now, if i do i'll throw 600psi at it and see what happens. Are you running a airtank? or just nitrogen directly to the bags? havent found any good tanks rated very high yet, seen people make them out of 1/4" wall 4 or 5" pipe though.
[snapback]2538903[/snapback]​
I run a standard Air Lift 12-Gallon tank as my tank in the truck then (2) 280cf bottles connect to that to make the 600psi. Most tanks can handle it no problem. They are only rated 150psi but its not custom unless you are pushing the limits.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Originally posted by mine is cooler@Dec 24 2004, 01:42 PM
i loved at southern showdown when the front bag poped when you were hoppin it :biggrin:
[snapback]2539669[/snapback]​
Thanks, that was pretty funny. At ass in the grass in Dayton, OH. was the worst blow ever and it was loud as hell.............

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
my mazda hopps in tha high teens on firestone baggs

41 - 60 of 63 Posts