LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this is been asked and answered. My air bag kit came with 3/8" OD Black Nylon Air Brake Tubing SAE J844. In reference to the compression fittings, the kit came with the little ferrule rings but not the tube inserts (not sure what they are called) that prevent the tubing from collapsing (red arrow). Do I need them or not???? Thx.

·
INFO STALKER
36 Posts
You can use those fitting, WITH the insert and ferrule, buuuut there are better fittings to use. The ferrule may end up causing the airline to split. The better option would be the DOT push lock fittings, It acts like a Chinese finger trap. Go find a semi truck repair shop ( We have truck pro down here ) or a Parker store ( they do hydraulic fittings but also pneumatic ). Not that those fittings are wrong per sé, but the DOT fittings are less trouble and, AND, you can remove the line and reinstall it if needed. Key note when I swing DOT fittings, MAKE SURE THE AIRLINE IS CUT STRAIGHT!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advise! I will seek out those fittings. Especially if it has the added bonus of being able to remove and reinstall if needed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts