LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to find the best way to run my air lines. I'm using manual switch valves, 3/8" line, ss6 bags, 5 gal tank and two viar 440 compressors.

I'm debating running an individual 3/8" line from the tank to each switch.

Or one 1/2" line from the tank to a manifold up front, then four lines to the switches.

Or two 1/2" lines from the tank then Td off with two lines to the switches.

I don't want it to be super fast but I don't want super slow either...?
Photograph White Light Product Watch
Light Font Slope Circle Electrical supply
Photograph White Light Product Watch

Light Font Slope Circle Electrical supply

·
Registered
3 Posts
Im running 1/2 air line to each individual bag and 8-1/2" solenoid valves (its pretty fast) and 2-5 gallon tanks with 2-480c Viair compressors. Was running 1-5 gallon tank, upgraded to 2-5gal tanks. I ran 4 pre wired switches from the front to the solenoids in the back, ordered it on Ebay (Lowrider hydraulics SWITCHES PRE-WIRED 2 PUMP KIT F-B-BL-BR 17 ft switch cord. | eBay). The item came with a wiring diagram. Hope this helps.
Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Gas Machine Auto part
Motor vehicle Gas Auto part Machine Automotive tire
Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior

Automotive design Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Personal luxury car
Motor vehicle Vehicle Gas Automotive design Machine

Motor vehicle Vehicle Bumper Automotive tire Automotive exterior
Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man. I talked to switch suspension and they recommended running lines to each switch like that and not using a manifold.
Im running 1/2 air line to each individual bag and 8-1/2" solenoid valves (its pretty fast) and 2-5 gallon tanks with 2-480c Viair compressors. Was running 1-5 gallon tank, upgraded to 2-5gal tanks. I ran 4 pre wired switches from the front to the solenoids in the back, ordered it on Ebay (Lowrider hydraulics SWITCHES PRE-WIRED 2 PUMP KIT F-B-BL-BR 17 ft switch cord. | eBay). The item came with a wiring diagram. Hope this helps.
View attachment 2029073 View attachment 2029074 View attachment 2029075
View attachment 2029083 View attachment 2029084

View attachment 2029076 View attachment 2029077

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks man. I talked to switch suspension and they recommended running lines to each switch like that and not using a manifold.
No problem. From what I've seen manifolds are really slow. They have a cleaner look and less clutter. It comes down to personal preference and what works better for you!

·
INFO STALKER
49 Posts
I can’t comment on manual valves but I can on line size. 1/2” is pretty fast, like pop up fast. 3/8 is slower and will give you a lot more control. Correct me if I’m wrong but cant you manual valves kinda like a ball valve? You can barely open the valve or open it all the way depending on how you operate the valve?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can’t comment on manual valves but I can on line size. 1/2” is pretty fast, like pop up fast. 3/8 is slower and will give you a lot more control. Correct me if I’m wrong but cant you manual valves kinda like a ball valve? You can barely open the valve or open it all the way depending on how you operate the valve?
That's what I've heard. I'm going with 3/8" line and I'm still waiting on my valves to be delivered so hopefully it all works out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts