LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would it be okay for me to run the lines for my pressure gauges right from the back, near the air tank and through to the front of the car? I want to keep as many of the joins in the same area for neatness, and ease of maintenance.

I am planning to attach the T-pieces for the 1/4" hose to the gauges just after the air lines to the air springs leave the inflation solenoids on the air tank.

Also, what type of fittings go on the back of the pressure gauges? I'm not sure what type they are.

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
my gauges are 1/4" NPT on the back..

I used 5/32 hose for the gauge lines..

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks 216RIDER :)

Where did you attach your T-pieces for your gauge lines? In the back near the tank, or nearer the actual air springs?

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
see the little fitting tapped into the tee... thats it..

BTW, those plastic 90's suck!!

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks again 216RIDER :cheesy: I like these helpful photos you keep posting for me! ;)

I didn't know there was a fitting available on T-pieces. That's good, because I thought I would have to put a dedicated T-piece in the air spring lines to run the gauge lines.

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
well, I modified those t's myself to accept that fitting..

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks again :cheesy:

What is required to modify the T-pieces (what sized thread etc) and what are the actual fittings called that you used? Presumably they are they 5/32" 'somethings' :biggrin: . Presumably you used a 5/32" to 1/4" adapter for the back of the gauges.

Would using smaller lines affect the readings on the gauges?

Last edited by M-827 at Nov 2 2003, 08:47 AM

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
I used a 5/52 push lock to 1/8" NPT straight fitting.. in the tee

I had male threads on the back of my gauges, so I used a 1/4" coupling and a 5/32 push lock to 1/4" NPT straight

the smaller diameter on the gauges will, in theory, show the readings quicker than a larger tube.. less volume needing displacement...

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey! :cheesy: Thanks for the quick reply!

It must be night time over there. It's 2.50pm Sunday afternoon over here! You are usually on this forum when I am up late over here!

:cheesy:

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh! You must be 5 hours behind us then! :cheesy: I can tell you now that tomorrow isn't too brilliant, so I recommend that you stay in bed! :biggrin:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts