LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
I Dig Chix Wit Glasses!!!
14,255 Posts
not so far. I see some ppl using that set-up, but mostly on mini-trucks.

·
14,255 Posts
Originally posted by joebomber52@Aug 4 2003, 01:49 PM
like a bag between the frame and leaf spring yeah it is the classic way to do bags for hotrods in the 60's
hey Joe, what's your thoughts on baggin a 66 Mustang?

·
I'm a real
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I don't want a four link or anything of that nature because I want full use of SUV rear area so I thought this will be the best way to go with leaf springs and all...

:biggrin:

·
14,255 Posts
Originally posted by On Fire@Aug 4 2003, 02:24 PM
Well I don't want a four link or anything of that nature because I want full use of SUV rear area so I thought this will be the best way to go with leaf springs and all...

yeah you can do it. That four link shyt is just if you wanna lay frame.

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Originally posted by foey+Aug 4 2003, 01:30 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (foey @ Aug 4 2003, 01:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--On Fire@Aug 4 2003, 02:24 PM

yeah you can do it. That four link shyt is just if you wanna lay frame.[/b][/quote]
all you gotta do is put a bridge over the rearend you can lay frame like that just might need to hack up the floor pan

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Originally posted by foey+Aug 4 2003, 01:03 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (foey @ Aug 4 2003, 01:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--joebomber52@Aug 4 2003, 01:49 PM
like a bag between the frame and leaf spring yeah it is the classic way to do bags for hotrods in the 60's
hey Joe, what's your thoughts on baggin a 66 Mustang?[/b][/quote]
well first i was a little scepticle on the idea but i would still look hard as fuck with some meat tires and dropped

·
14,255 Posts
Originally posted by joebomber52+Aug 4 2003, 06:35 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (joebomber52 @ Aug 4 2003, 06:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 4 2003, 01:03 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--joebomber52
@Aug 4 2003, 01:49 PM

hey Joe, what's your thoughts on baggin a 66 Mustang?
well first i was a little scepticle on the idea but i would still look hard as fuck with some meat tires and dropped
[/b][/quote]
Tight, my homie's thinking about it, but goin witt lo pro tires. Prolly some 5 spoke rimmies or what not. It should be easy to do.

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
i got a mustang crossmember on my ride it was easy as fuck alotta people bag on top of the upper a-arm but i have seen it done with brackets off the inside of the a-arms

·
I'm a real
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by bigdanmcintosh@Aug 4 2003, 06:03 PM
isnt your explorer 4X4, or are we talking about a different vehicle here??
I have 2wd... But when dealing with Ohio snow I wish I had 4wd! :biggrin:

BTW, Joe... I really didn't want to hack anything thats why I was thinking about this air over leaf... Also, am I going to have to hack the front any to install bags up there? :dunno:

Thanks for all the help guys! :thumbsup:

·
14,255 Posts
Originally posted by On Fire+Aug 5 2003, 05:43 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (On Fire @ Aug 5 2003, 05:43 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--bigdanmcintosh@Aug 4 2003, 06:03 PM

BTW, Joe... I really didn't want to hack anything thats why I was thinking about this air over leaf... Also, am I going to have to hack the front any to install bags up there? :dunno:

Thanks for all the help guys! :thumbsup:[/b][/quote]
probably not. You might just have to remove the shocks and springs (if they have springs). Have to bolt some pieces in, that's for sure.

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Originally posted by foey+Aug 5 2003, 10:56 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (foey @ Aug 5 2003, 10:56 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -On [email protected] 5 2003, 05:43 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--bigdanmcintosh
@Aug 4 2003, 06:03 PM

probably not. You might just have to remove the shocks and springs (if they have springs). Have to bolt some pieces in, that's for sure.[/b][/quote]
yup with the front with the bolt up if it gots coiles up front most likely you can bolt it up
in the back i don't know what i was smoking the other day but i was thinking lay frame why dont you bag of the frame with over axel brackets like these

http://www.justairbagit-store.com/product....lt.asp&ID=24232

the only reasone i am against bags on the leafs is they can come off i have seen more setup's like that go bust then i have seen work though it could work i just have not ever seen a good one done like that besides it just won't look as clean a setup like that

Last edited by joebomber52 at Aug 5 2003, 11:45 AM

·
I'm a real
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by joebomber52+Aug 5 2003, 01:45 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (joebomber52 @ Aug 5 2003, 01:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 5 2003, 10:56 AM

probably not. You might just have to remove the shocks and springs (if they have springs). Have to bolt some pieces in, that's for sure.
yup with the front with the bolt up if it gots coiles up front most likely you can bolt it up
in the back i don't know what i was smoking the other day but i was thinking lay frame why dont you bag of the frame with over axel brackets like these

the only reasone i am against bags on the leafs is they can come off i have seen more setup's like that go bust then i have seen work though it could work i just have not ever seen a good one done like that besides it just won't look as clean a setup like that[/b][/quote]
I understand about the front... thanks for the help! :thumbsup:

But the back I am still a little confused on... basically the kit you listed will take the place of my leaf springs? Because like I mentioned earlier I don't really want to cut not any floor boards...

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Originally posted by On Fire+Aug 5 2003, 01:31 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (On Fire @ Aug 5 2003, 01:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 5 2003, 01:45 PM

the only reasone i am against bags on the leafs is they can come off i have seen more setup's like that go bust then i have seen work though it could work i just have not ever seen a good one done like that besides it just won't look as clean a setup like that

But the back I am still a little confused on... basically the kit you listed will take the place of my leaf springs? Because like I mentioned earlier I don't really want to cut not any floor boards...[/b][/quote]
you can heat the leaf springs like 6 inches from back shackles to lower them and then put those bag and brackets in or you can remove some leafs out of the springs you know you can run a 4 link parallel to the frame you wouldn't have to romove spare tire or gas tank or anything basically it will mount close to where your leaf front shackle is and rear shackle just a thought

but you can heat the leafs remove some leafs or find lowered leafs
then put the over the axel bags if you dont want to eliminate the leafs thats how it's gonna be and the only cutting of the floor board will be like a hole for air lines

Last edited by joebomber52 at Aug 5 2003, 02:16 PM

·
14,255 Posts
Originally posted by On Fire+Aug 5 2003, 02:31 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (On Fire @ Aug 5 2003, 02:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 5 2003, 01:45 PM

But the back I am still a little confused on... basically the kit you listed will take the place of my leaf springs? Because like I mentioned earlier I don't really want to cut not any floor boards...[/b][/quote]
The Top of the Mounting kit either bolts or is welded to the frame of you ride. Be SURE TO KEEP IT CLEAR of the brake line or any kind of line.
The bottom of the mounting kit in this case you might have to weld it to the axel of your ride.

·
I'm a real
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Great help! Thanks for all of it! :biggrin:

I will keep you guys informed when I get started on it, so be on the look out! :thumbsup:

·
14,255 Posts
Originally posted by On Fire@Aug 6 2003, 05:14 AM
Great help! Thanks for all of it! :biggrin:

I will keep you guys informed when I get started on it, so be on the look out! :thumbsup:
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
650 Posts
Originally posted by joebomber52+Aug 5 2003, 01:45 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (joebomber52 @ Aug 5 2003, 01:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>

the only reasone i am against bags on the leafs is they can come off i have seen more setup's like that go bust then i have seen work though it could work i just have not ever seen a good one done like that besides it just won't look as clean a setup like that[/b][/quote]
for twenty dollars more you can get a full bridge kit with all mounting hardware and shock relocater from www.suicidedoors.com . Thats where i got mine and its awesome. and I have air over leaf and have not had trouble with it yet. It works great.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts