LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 61 Ford Galaxie with air bag suspension...I still getting use to the bags
Trying to find the a good height to ride...generally rides pretty smooth... but when I hit some bumps in the rode.. rear in starts to bounce pretty bad...

I have a 4 link in the rear with the stock shocks..removed the front shocks...So is the bounce something normal? And just have to get use too?... or should I get better shocks for the rear and/or add shocks to front end?

The Galaxie is a pretty heavy car....so not sure...Maybe I have been driving around with too much air?? Would that make it bounce??

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
from what I have learned (self taught) about air bags is there is no control over rebound so if the bag starts to bounce due to road conditions it will act like a basketball or the back of a chevy HHR with a blown out rear strut

·
Registered
48 Posts
New shocks should help cut down on the bounce. Just put a set on the rear of my 64. I need brackets so I can fix the fronts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Just had my front shocks moved towards the back of the engine bay so that the bags can sit up front on my 64 Impala

1 - 4 of 4 Posts