LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, Im new here.. want to put air ride on GMC Typhoon to put my ride on tyres when on parking..

wondering, if it has some kinda backup, so if system brakes down, you could lift car back up one more time??
or its like youre stuck when this happens..

thanks in advance for answers. and sorry if question is weird,
but im totally new :biggrin:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and what is important at getting air ride?
for a car that weights around 1800kg and generally whats important to look for when getting system?

thanks guys.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
damn guys.. thought someone from all page of suspensions enthusiasts would wanna help me out on this one.
guess not..
noone from all of you 25 ppl who checked on my
topic wanna help a girl :tears: ( just explaining stuff that im sure everyone knows here, not that id want something really hard to do )

i sure dont belive no one have no idea bout my questions.. but ok..

thanks anyways :thumbsup:

·
Registered
11,655 Posts
Well depending on what you wanna spend will determine how your truck will turn out.

Her are thing's i always suggest
-At least 1/2" everything this includes
Valves
Air Line
Fittings
-Run at least a 7" bag all around (slam specialties is my choice) and for you you could put a 8" bag in the rear if wanted
-DO NOT DO 90 DEGREE FITTINGS these will restrict in air flow
-Always run a water trap before tank when running a electric compressor 1=per compressor
Rule of thumb is 1 compressor for every 5 gallons of air.So let's say 1 viair 480 on a 5 gal. tank

-Dont run plastic fittings.Run either steel PTC (push to connect) or compression fittings

Keep air line away from heat,and rubbing against something

As for if you have a complete FAILURE of your air system also a nother thing i suggest
Put in a schrader valveon the tank somewhere.What is a schrader you ask.It's a valve similar to how the valve stem is on your tire where you air up.So if you loose your compressor you can stop by a gas station and fill up your tank w/ air and crutch the truck home.

Keep asking questions they'll warm up to you eventually :biggrin:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
awww, that was what i was talking bout :biggrin: thanks so much

what means 'slam specialties' ?

well, at least u will be able to say that one cute girl with hot car knows more about it, on your bill :p

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
btw, i was thinking to give around 2800$ for whole kit.
would that be enough?

·
Registered
11,655 Posts
Originally posted by Stella+Feb 10 2010, 05:10 PM~16574473-->
awww, that was what i was talking bout  :biggrin: thanks so much

what means 'slam specialties' ?

well, at least u will be able to say that one cute girl with hot car knows more about it, on your bill :p
[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-Stella
@Feb 10 2010, 05:15 PM~16574522
btw, i was thinking to give around 2800$ for whole kit.
would that be enough?
Slam specialties would be the name of air springs to shoot for per say

Where you from btw??

I've got my cape on :biggrin:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im from Slovenia small country near Bosnia, Italy and so :biggrin:

so what u say bout 2800$ budget for air ride kit? i hope i wouldnt get last quality for this..

could u tell me some companies where i could order whole kit?

right now i have my SLK 230 kompressor at his winter sleep (just dont have heart to drive her in salty and rocky roads),
some other baby, the one i am interested to put air ride on,
on his shortest way to my place :roflmao:

will post some pix of my SLK if ya want

·
Registered
776 Posts
Originally posted by baggedout81@Feb 10 2010, 04:25 PM~16573485
Well depending on what you wanna spend will determine how your truck will turn out.

Her are thing's i always suggest
-At least 1/2" everything this includes
Valves
Air Line
Fittings
-Run at least a 7" bag all around (slam specialties  is my choice) and for you you could put a 8" bag in the rear if wanted
-DO NOT DO 90 DEGREE FITTINGS these will restrict in air flow
-Always run a water trap before tank when running a electric compressor 1=per compressor
Rule of thumb is 1 compressor for every 5 gallons of air.So let's say 1 viair 480 on a 5 gal. tank

-Dont run plastic fittings.Run either steel  PTC (push to connect) or compression fittings 

Keep air line away from heat,and rubbing against something

As for if you have a complete FAILURE of your air system also a nother thing i suggest
    Put in a schrader valveon the tank somewhere.What is a schrader you ask.It's a valve similar to how the valve stem is on your tire where you air up.So if you loose your compressor you can stop by a gas station and fill up your tank w/ air and crutch the truck home.

Keep asking questions they'll warm up to you eventually :biggrin:

X2

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok, thanks guys, i will do that. both of advises :biggrin:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts