LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am new to the lowrider world, and i was wondering what you people who are educated in lowriding would say would be beter for a beginer to start with. i have a 91 mercury cougar, and i want either air or juice. i like the hopping of the juice, but my dad and his co-workers have done air-ride alot before at their shops, but have never done hydraulics, for cars atleas. it is a heavy duty truck and welding shop, but they have done the airride before, so i just wanted to hear a few of you opinoins and if you have any suggestions fro setups and prices (in canadian) that would be great.thanx

·
Registered
178 Posts
why even consider air?? ive had both on many rides over the years, i always will chose hydraulics over air, done right they are even more reliable IMO

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeha i was leaning more towards a hyraulic set-up, what would you suggest for a cheap beginers set-up. i am only 17. oh and my dad works at a heavy duty truck and welding shop, so is there any thing that i could use off the hydraulics on the big rigs? because there are always spear shit laying around..

·
Registered
152 Posts
BAGS ARE FOR YOU, IF YOU WANT LESS MESS!!! JUICED RIDERS ALMOST ALWAYS HAVE NEGATIVE REMARKS FOR BAGS, BUT BAGS ARE A MUCH SMOOTHER RIDE AND DESERVE MORE RESPECT, THE RIGHT BAGS SETUP CAN COMPETE WITH SOME OF THE BEST HYDROS (4 HOPPING) AND NO RISK OF FIRE AND NO NEED FOR 16 OR MORE BATTERYS, ONE MARINE BATT. AND YOU ARE GOOD 2 GO, NEED TIRES FREQUENTLY AND WAKES NEIGHBORS AT NIGHT WHEN YOU GET HOME AND "LAY OUT" BUT NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT, I LOVE HYDROS BUT I PREFFER BAGS!

·
Registered
152 Posts
PLUS BIG RIGS RIDE ON AIR USUALLY, SO THERE MIGHT BE A FEW THINGS YOU CAN USE NOW....

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
I'd keep the cougar stock and get something with a frame

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so for my first ride i should go for bags? thats what i was thinking i just want to be able to get off the ground really, hmm

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
would the cougar be bad for bag, not having a full frame and all, or only bad for hydros?

im new at this

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
I have Juice and I never have had a problem with it if done right juice is very reliable I kind of like bags too but I love juice and had no problems so I will stay juiced up. ;)

·
EnViUs
22,931 Posts
get a car with a frame if you want juice...especaily since its your first ride...bags are ok if you want to sound like a bus when it stops at a stop....Juice it...You can get better ride from juice with the addition of Accumalators to your hydro kit...if you want real smooth go with 1 accume per cylinder...Ride better than bags...better than stock....Get a 70s t bird and juice!

·
Registered
222 Posts
with my GEO, why would you consider anything but JUICE? it is much quicker, less noise, FASTER, and you'll love it more when people ask, "is it bagged....?" and you respond, "no, HYDROS"......they will look at you like.... :dunno:

everyone thinks i am bagged til i hit it quick...then they are like.... :dunno: :worship: :thumbsup:

HYDROS gets more respect and when done right can COMMAND respect

peace

Attachments

·
EnViUs
22,931 Posts
Originally posted by sprgeo@Sep 17 2005, 05:02 AM~3832582
with my GEO, why would you consider anything but JUICE? it is much quicker, less noise, FASTER, and you'll love it more when people ask, "is it bagged....?" and you respond, "no, HYDROS"......they will look  at you like.... :dunno:

everyone thinks i am bagged til i hit it quick...then they are like.... :dunno:  :worship:  :thumbsup:

HYDROS gets more respect and when done right can COMMAND respect

peace
nicely put...i agree 100%...hell even once people see my pumps they still ask if its air.....retards i sware...lol.....my town is crawling with people that have bagged
s-10s its so retarted

·
Banned
10,571 Posts
Originally posted by slamed87lincoln@Sep 17 2005, 05:31 PM~3834358
nicely put...i agree 100%...hell even once people see my pumps they still ask if its air.....retards i sware...lol.....my town is crawling with people that have bagged 
s-10s its so retarted
If you are pussy get air!j\k
I love my hydro's,and with rear accumulators it will ride like stock,so don't believe the BS the mini truckers try and feed you abouty the ride(they're just pissed they have to spend 3x as much to get their air to do mini hops).
It all depends on what you want to do,and i agree with this other guy,find a car with a frame,you c an do so much more.

·
Asspirating Poster
3,677 Posts
What are you wanting you car to do?

Are you concerned about having a nice ride?

·
Registered
79 Posts
just get another car and bag one and juice the other. I got an 84 cutty with juice and an 05 galant with bags. I love both of my cars. There is good and bad with both set-ups. so go for what you want. you dont need no ones opinion do what is going to make you happy and what you can afford, because neither set-up is cheap.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts