LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What up fellas? I was recently at a car show a few weeks ago and I saw an Escalade that appeared to have a different type of setup that I had never seen. My friend said it was air shocks/cylinders instead of bags or hydraulic pumps. Was he right? And if so, how do these work? How much would one of these setups cost? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
air cylinders sux nuts. Have used them and the ride is nasty and dangerous cause they can explode.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Originally posted by 1LOWCHERO@Aug 3 2003, 12:04 AM
air cylinders sux nuts. Have used them and the ride is nasty and dangerous cause they can explode.
actually the ride for me is a hell of a lot nicer than my bags......because when my front bags where dropped and i drove it was bouncey as a mother fucker but when they were raise it was smooth as hell.....but now with my cylinders no mater if there dropped or raised they still ride hella nice

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
what size air strokes u run?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Originally posted by jumper+Aug 3 2003, 01:52 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jumper @ Aug 3 2003, 01:52 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--1LOWCHERO@Aug 3 2003, 12:04 AM
air cylinders sux nuts.  Have used them and the ride is nasty and dangerous cause they can explode.
actually the ride for me is a hell of a lot nicer than my bags......because when my front bags where dropped and i drove it was bouncey as a mother fucker but when they were raise it was smooth as hell.....but now with my cylinders no mater if there dropped or raised they still ride hella nice[/b][/quote]
how is the ride good when it is slammed to the ground? just curious

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
About how much does one of these setups costs? I want full manuverability if it's possible...ya know, all four wheels ;). Forgive me if my questions sound stupid fellas, I'm new to all this, but I'm really interested in it.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
go with bags if youre looking for durability...

as long as the car will accept them, that is, some rides you just cant seem to fit a bag anywhere...

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What would you guys say is a decent price for a basic setup? Well, basic as in being able to move on all four sides/corners up and down?

·
I Dig Chix Wit Glasses!!!
14,255 Posts
depends on how fast you wanna go. Decent (1/4") prolly cost you like a good $1,400+ (1/2"), prolly like $1,600+. I'm adding in a guestimate on brakets and shyt.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts