LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WUS UP I JUST BOUGHT A 02 CADDY DEVILLE AND I PUT 22 INCH DIABLO TEARDROPS ON IT. ANY WAYS I NEED TO RAISE UP THE REAR JUST A LIL. IT HAS AIR SHOCKS IN BUT I CANT FIGURE OUT WHERE TO CONNECT THE AIR LINE TO PUT AIR IN THE SHOCKS. DOES ANY ONE HAVE A CLUE? LET ME KNOW :confused:

·
Registered
931 Posts
you have to disconect the factory lines to the compressor and and run new airlines to a shrader valve so you can air it up manualy....

or you could use a fire stone stone air shock controller kit to controll them like air bags

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanx 4 da info i just thought it b simpler guez i was wrong

·
Registered
998 Posts
You can tap in to the onboard compressor and raise the back when ever you want with the flip of a swicth . It will be a little bit slow and the air will bleed out of the shocks so you might have to keep adding air in it every 30-45 minutes.Just find the power wire going to the compressor run it to the 12volt source add a switch and a fuse , and that pretty much puts you in controll of your factory air ride .I did it my El-Dorado and it worked for me .

·
Registered
998 Posts
Just make sure you dont get a small switch get a nice size one that can handle some amps or else that switch will heat up . and dont forget the fuse .

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
there is a lever from the body 2 one of the rear control arms you mess with it will raise the back end

·
Registered
998 Posts
so your going to crawl under and mess with a little lever , that probly doesnt work anymore when you can just flick a switch in your dash?

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey i got a 95 deville, i'm interested in the same deal... i like the idea of hittin a toggle switch to turn the compressor on, but thats the up part.. what about the down part? like some sort of release valve.. sorry i don't know the terminology

i figure it's got the air susp and i dont want to 3 wheel or jump..

and one big question i had, does any1 know if it has air susp in the front??

·
Registered
998 Posts
im not a 100% sure but i think rear only , and as far as letting it down it comes down on its own after 1/2 hour or so i dont know maybe you can rig up some release valve but i never tried doing that .

1 - 20 of 24 Posts