LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is better...air struts or air cylinders? i know the ride is better with air struts but do they lift as high as cylinders? i have a 1996 nissan maxima and im tryin to get an air ride kit for it. anyone have any suggestions?

·
I Dig Chix Wit Glasses!!!
14,255 Posts
you can get more lift with cylinders IMO. Also you can bust a 3 and if not atleast a dog legg. I haven't herd or seen n-e 1 do a 3 or dog legg witt srtuts yet.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
saying that you get a better ride with struts than cylinders is just bullshit because i have had strut bags in the front of my brid and if you aint got them up all the way it bounces like a bitch but witch the cylinders it doenst matter where you got them it is smooth as fuck.............................and weather cylinders are better than bags i dont know it all depends on what you want to do with it........if you want to go fast then get bags if you want it to go slower but get more highth (sp) then get cylinders

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
with air cylinders the ride will be more rough cuz they are stiffer than air struts...air struts give more so it is smoother....maybe more bounce but better ride....unless you have accumulators. my boy has bags on his full size and it is bouncy but it is a better ride than someone i know that has a civic with air cylinders. i would love to see a car that rides "smooth as fuck" with air cylinders

Last edited by Majack16 at Sep 16 2003, 02:48 AM

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Originally posted by Majack16@Sep 16 2003, 02:46 AM
with air cylinders the ride will be more rough cuz they are stiffer than air struts...air struts give more so it is smoother....maybe more bounce but better ride....unless you have accumulators. my boy has bags on his full size and it is bouncy but it is a better ride than someone i know that has a civic with air cylinders. i would love to see a car that rides "smooth as fuck" with air cylinders
yes i heard that too from experiences with friends that has cylinders....

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Originally posted by Majack16@Sep 16 2003, 02:46 AM
well if you wanna see a car that rides smooth as fuck with cylinders come see mine..............you can get cylinders with cusion......they say right on the box "with cusion(sp)"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts