LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
ill go with the fbi kit its basicly the same i use but i build my own fbi forget it you probility get your set up in a month or two :thumbsdown:

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
hey homie i already did the homework for you.

I just bought the Cool Ride Air bag kit from Air Ride Technologies for my 65. its almost 1600 bucks. But it comes with brackets specifically for your car, shocks and relocating mounts, pressure gauges, etc. I think The kit from FBI would be a hack job for the 65/66.

http://www.airassisted.com/Bolt-in-Air-Rid...oduct_info.html

If you dont want to fork out the whole thing at one time, buy the front kit, the back kit, then the compressor kit, thats what i'm doing.I've bought the front and back kit for fabbing purposes before i send my frame/ suspension for powdercoating/chrome.

But The $$$ is well spent. Dont fuk with FBI I did once and waited atleast a month and a hlaf before i saw the kit, and it was still missing the switch box, small shit like that.

the quality and customer service from AAC is worth the extra $$ IMO. Plus if you want to updgrade to slam bags for performance they can do that for you also.

·
Registered
9,605 Posts
AAC has got yo back!

and cant flaw the quality of airride tech... its what i have waitin in my room for my galaxie too, ofcourse with viars and smc valves, etc... also swappin the front bags for slams, to get more lift and a better ride

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
Originally posted by touchdowntodd@Dec 17 2008, 02:06 PM~12455151
AAC has got yo back!

and cant flaw the quality of airride tech... its what i have waitin in my room for my galaxie too, ofcourse with viars and smc valves, etc... also swappin the front bags for slams, to get more lift and a better ride

Agreed. AAC sells the Cool Ride bolt in kit for the 65-70 impala :cool:

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Hi guys.
I'm still looking for a cheap air suspension setup for my 66 Impala.

I've come across this one...

http://www.streetbeatcustoms.com/Air-Suspe...sion-Kit/582028

Does anyone know how good this system is? Will I need anything else??
Thanks! /Quote/

Try VTKustoms.com the kits he has are good, my '64 we did is on his website under projects. he's in Phoenix hope this works for you, Al

1 - 9 of 9 Posts