LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey people with air cylinder and airbags how do you run your line thru the interior or exterior?

You know in the trunk there is a little tools space can i run line there? Would it do both rear or that one or the whole car. Wouldn't it be more like exterior than interior and i want to run line thru the interior but how are the airline supposed to get out of the ride.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
you can do it either way...
if you go through the interior, like I am, run a line down under the carpet.....between the seat and the sill plate....then drill a hole in the firewall to get them out to the fronts... be sure to use a rubber grommet anytime a line passes through metal....
or you can pop some holes in the trunk, and run the lines alongside the fuel or gas lines, with zip ties to secure them.
for the back...you gotta put holes in the trunk floor....
some cars have big ass drain plugs in the trunk, like my 64 does... check it out, maybe you can go through them with the hoses.
hope this helps

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
but what i am saying is what if i run line thru that little space in the trunk where you keep your tools will it do the whole car, both rears or that one.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1. Okay i am having trouble understanding how to run lines/valves

1. How do you wire a switchbox?
2. Why do some people connect there valves in the tank's port and other don't why
3. What do you use to connect the compressor, water trap, which i ain't going to use and a pressure switch. Is it true that you use cut the amount of air line that is going to fit and you connect it.
4. If i run the line thru the little space where you keep the tool in the trunk would it work and do both of the rear, only that one or the whole car. Wouldn't that be more like exterior tan interior.

5. Maybe you can explain if you run the line thru the interior how is it supposed to get out to each cylinder. Are you supposed to drill 4 holes right next to the floorboard of the car and run the line to each cylinder.

6. If i decide to run the line outside explain to me what i would have to do man. Thanks for the help.

1. If i use a 24 function wireless remote would it be more easier sense they say it is wireless.

2. The valves do you connect them with airline or just simply connect them were the mouth is.

3. Valves do you just run line in any port that is avaliable and send it to the cans.

4. So when i connect 2 valves together and take the whole interior out and run line i have to run 4 hole in every driver side and passenger and back side to run line in the rear and front or what.

5. The 24 remote controll switches keeps me wandering is it less work to use a prewired switchbox or the 24 switches don't use wiring at all.

Explain to me how you run your line are going to run your lines.

1. What tool will unbolt the stock strut?
2.What tool do you use to bolt on can kit?
3. Do you use regular airline to connect pressure switch,water trap, compressor?
4.Do you know a book i can buy so it can teach me alot about this installation?
5. Who taugh you how to install bags/cans, did you read or buy anything.
6. How about if i don't want to screw the ground wire to a metal. Can i just leave it all out. What will happened bro.
7.The ground wire you have to send it to the battery or what

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if you connect 4 valves to the tank's port how is it going to be run 2 to each bags/cans. What do i do with the other 4valves, Oh yea i am talking about 8 2 way valves.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
If you get a tank with enough ports... It will look similar to this... each set does 1 bag, mine, in order from left to right, will be:
Front Driver Side
Rear Driver Side
Rear Passenger Side
Front Passenger Side

·
Registered
91 Posts
if you want it fast connect the valves to the bag ports,run the least amount off hose poss.one valve on top other on bottom port of bags.

·
Registered
140 Posts
first off what kind of valves? do u have single or double vaves? then i would run the valves as close to the bags or rods so then the air is right there when u hit the switch that way it doesnt have to pass threw the line all the way from the trunk up to the front. then when they say wireless u still have to wire up the relay or the switch box into the system just the remote is wireless. goto my friends site its WWW.LOWERTHANYOU.NET he has some wire diagrams and some plumbing diagrams on it to help u learn how to wire and run lines. and if u have a heavy car or truck or just want it faster i would run a small backup tank up front so that u have the line from your main tank just one line running up front to the back up tanks then 2 lines comming out of that to your valves then to each front wheel. and i wouldnt use plastic line from your compressor(s) to the tank cause they heat up bad i use steel braided air line it doesnt heat up as bad or u can use copper line but it blows out alot.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
2 questions lol

1. If i mount the valve in the tank's port and decide to run line, if i run line in the trunk where you keep tool space will it do that particular rear, both rear or the whole car.

2. If i mount them by the cylinder it will be hella fast thou but what to do connect the valves in the cylinder's port or what. Will i do more work as for running line or what.

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
NOT UNDERTANDING QUETION 1 BUT AS FAR AS #2 USE A SMALL PIECE OF AIR LINE PUT THE FITTINGS ON BOTH ENDS AND MOUNT THE VALVE CLOSE TO THE CYLINDER AND RUN THE LINE FROM THE VALVE TO THE CYLINDER. I WOULD NEVER MOUNT IT TO THE CYLINDER.

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
if your using 3/8 and up air line. it won't make a difference if you mount the valves to the tank or to close to the bag/cylinder. it is only a fraction of a second.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
1. Okay you know that little space in the trunk where you keep tool like jack stand cruel bar and etc. When you remove those tool in that little brown sack there is a little space big enuff for a airline to get thru, so if i run line there would it do that particular rear, both rear, or the whole vehicle.

Some cars might be different but this is about these car civic/accord/camry. I am talking about my car a camry for those who has experience with them.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Red 1991 Camry Dx 4 cylinders, sedan

Hope that is enuff info

1. If you have a canned kit from ebay and say it will fit accord not camry isn't everything going to fit on the camry except for the brackets right or what

·
Registered
11,540 Posts
Originally posted by juicedin2years@Mar 19 2003, 09:31 PM
Red 1991 Camry Dx 4 cylinders, sedan

Hope that is enuff info

1. If you have a canned kit from ebay and say it will fit accord not camry isn't everything going to fit on the camry except for the brackets right or what
YOU NEED TO JUST GET YOUR HANDS DIRTY FIRST

YOU ASK SO MANY QUESTIONS THAT IF YOU WOULD JUST GET SOME STUFF AND GET YOUR HANDS DIRTY YOU WOULD BE ABLE TO FIGURE OUT 90% OF THEM FROM EXPERIENCE.

THE PROBLEM HERE IS THAT YOU ASK QUESTIONS IN A WAY THAT IS DIFFICULT TO ANSWER AND WHEN WE GIVE YOU AN ANSWER IN THE WAY THAT WE THINK THAT YOU ARE ASKING YOU GET ALL BENT OUT OF SHAPE AND ASK THE SAME QUESTION WITHOUT REFRAISING YOUR QUESTION......

YOU DID THIS WITH ME ON IM THE OTHER DAY.......JUST BUY SOMETHING ALREADY AND YOU WILL FIGURE IT OUT ON YOUR OWN. OR WORK ON A BUDDY'S RIDE WITH HIM AND YOU WILL BE 10X MORE KNOWLEDGABLE :cool: :cool: :cool:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts