LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently got a monte with hydraulics im new to the hydraulics scene and was woundering what kind of pumps i have they have no names on them on the bloch it has XL or X7 on the block and on the other side of the block it has a air valve like on a bicycle and under it it says POWER PUMP was woundering if any one knows what breand hydraulics i have and what the valve is for thanks>>>>>

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
lol..it's to pressurize the tank with air. it's supposed to make the setup quicker, but will only cause problems so dont put any air in it.

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
hmm, power pump, got any pics?

yeah the air valve is supposed to send the oil faster like a piston pump, but eventually just puts air into your hoses which you try to avoid.I always open mine up every once in a while to let a little air that has built up come out

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
dont mess w/ the air unless you have a piston pump, you WILL have problems

·
Events Coordinator
106 Posts
What if your pumps are tilted with the tank pointing up? Will there still be problems with air getting in the cylinders? I'm new also to hydros and just want to get as much snap out of the setup as possible

·
Events Coordinator
106 Posts
Googled why there's a valve stem on my block and this thread came up, if I asked a question on it it would be bumped up and eventually someone would read it and have an answer

1 - 10 of 10 Posts