LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what u guys think about air zenith obd2? I have heard that the obd1 had problems but the obd2 addressed all those issues or should i go with another 480c?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,655 Posts
Originally posted by mscott1979@Jan 25 2010, 06:27 PM~16408117
what u guys think about air zenith obd2?  I have heard that the obd1 had problems but the obd2 addressed all those issues or should i go with another 480c?
I haven't heard really anything about the OB2's yet.

Mount that tank yet??????????????????????????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i came to a stopping point when it got cold im planning for the spring now and i was thinking about giving az a try. I think i remember seeing threads about the obd1 having major problems but seeing that the prices are comparable with viair got me kinda thinking ;) and im going to mount that tank down, hell im thinking about redoing the whole trunk like me and u talked about b4 just gotta figure out what direction to take
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,655 Posts
Originally posted by mscott1979@Jan 25 2010, 06:33 PM~16408218
i came to a stopping point when it got cold im planning for the spring now and i was thinking about giving az a try.  I think i remember seeing threads about the obd1 having major problems but seeing that the prices are comparable with viair got me kinda thinking ;) and im going to mount that tank down, hell im thinking about redoing the whole trunk like me and u talked about b4 just gotta figure out what direction to take
You going w/ the tank mounted to the headliner method?? Love the look of them import's that way.

Kinda forgot what your trunk looked like have to go back and look.Trunk's are easy try redoing pretty much everything now that sucks.Live and learn i quess
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,655 Posts
Alright i remember??

Got any welding skills or know someone??Was thinking tank on a bracket welded and tank on it sitting in the rear quarter's (port's where the trap facing front and back) Compressors mounted underneath or how about tank on one side and compressors on the other
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hhmm yea i like the tank on one side idea.....it looks like im going to have to lose the speaker box though to get anything done, maybe fiberglass?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by baggedout81@Jan 25 2010, 05:46 PM~16408408
You going w/ the tank mounted to the headliner method?? Love the look of them import's that way.

Kinda forgot what your trunk looked like have to go back and look.Trunk's are easy try redoing pretty much everything now that sucks.Live and learn i quess
mounted to headliner?? got any pics
 

·
I Dig Chix Wit Glasses!!!
Joined
·
14,255 Posts
Originally posted by mscott1979@Jan 25 2010, 06:27 PM~16408117
what u guys think about air zenith obd2?  I have heard that the obd1 had problems but the obd2 addressed all those issues or should i go with another 480c?
give it a couple. just like they updated and apparently fixed all the ob1's, i'm sure something will come up again. so far though nothing, i have heard good from the little that have them in their system.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah i cant seem to find anyting negative about them and was just wondering.....they do have a 2 year warranty so thats kinda reassuring
 

·
I Dig Chix Wit Glasses!!!
Joined
·
14,255 Posts
imo, I go with the 480, even if shit happens, you know your going to get C.S. that will find out and do something about it (ViAir lil member or you can call and talk to a guy named Lance, great guy).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah i knew u were going to say that.....i planned on keeping the viaair i already have anyway and was going to buy another for spare that's why i was considering trying the az out
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,655 Posts
Originally posted by mscott1979@Jan 25 2010, 07:34 PM~16408946
mounted to headliner?? got any pics
Just fuckin w/ ya bro.But i have seen it done
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
416 Posts
i never hear anything good about AZ. i know a guy locally the loved his OB2s when he first got them but one didnt last even 6 months and the other keeps causing the relays to burn up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
dang it i wanted to give one a try but idk if it would be a smart decision...they do have a two year warranty though
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top