LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My compressor is not pushing the air it once was, it use to tak about 2 minutes to fill my 10 gallon tanks but know it take about 20 minutes..could this be that it just may be clogged internally> Its spitting out about 1/4 inch of air , but before it was like a 1/2 inch...can anyone tell me what to do from expirience...thanks

·
Registered
195 Posts
Originally posted by finallybagged93@Aug 15 2006, 10:41 PM~5977282
My compressor is not pushing the air it once was,  it use to tak about 2 minutes to fill my 10 gallon tanks but know it take about 20 minutes..could this be that it just may be clogged internally> Its spitting out about 1/4 inch of air , but before it was like a 1/2 inch...can anyone tell me what to do from expirience...thanks
Looks like you might have one of the early models........AZ has been having trouble with them. The early units have a cast looking rod and the later ones have a billet looking rod. There's also been trouble with the new ones as well. Bearings might be heating up.
AZ is replacing them,just as long as you've had it for a year or less.Give em a call,I'm sure they'll help you out

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Originally posted by finallybagged93@Aug 15 2006, 10:41 PM~5977282
My compressor is not pushing the air it once was,  it use to tak about 2 minutes to fill my 10 gallon tanks but know it take about 20 minutes..could this be that it just may be clogged internally> Its spitting out about 1/4 inch of air , but before it was like a 1/2 inch...can anyone tell me what to do from expirience...thanks
How many compressors are you runnng on 10 gallons?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im running one compressor to a ten gallon tank....actually tonite i just took it apart and the seal around the piston got hot and folded over so there is a gap between the wall and the piston...that could be a problem what do you think>>>>>>>>>>

·
Registered
195 Posts
Originally posted by finallybagged93@Aug 17 2006, 09:08 PM~5991077
Im running one compressor to a ten gallon tank....actually tonite i just took it apart and the seal around the piston got hot and folded over so there is a gap between the wall and the piston...that could be a problem what do you think>>>>>>>>>>
According to AZ ,there compressor is designed for a FIVE GALLON TANK ONLY..
You overworked it! The problem you described is the result...Check to see if the rod looks like cast,if so you have the older design.The new has a billet looking rod. Depending on when you bought it,AZ might replace it ! Just as long as it hasn't been over 1 years time........
Hope that helps ya...... :biggrin:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts