LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, new to the forum and had a question. I am dropping a 440 (500 hp, 520 torque) into a 97-99 dodge dakota regular cab. I was wondering if I would be able to bag the truck, without losing any torque or power and still hooking up. I will be putting a subframe in and 4 link. Would ti make a difference between getting bags (slam) and relocating the shocks compared to getting something like air ride tech. which has the shock and bag in one type system? Thanks.

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
Fuck air ride tech, build your own. you got the skills! If you talking about the shockwave it has its plae, but it doesn't have as much travel as a normal bag with a relocated shock. If you are looking at getting slam bags, they ride harder than firestones becasue they have more plys and are stiffer. If you are really concerned about the performance handling aspect then just do a coilover.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do not plan on going the route of air ride tech I was just wondering if a setup like that would be better for the torque conversion. I am pretty sure I am going to try to bag it and see how it hooks up I was just looking for some advice and opinons on if it would work or not.

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
i dont see how they would hurt your launch..

if anything, you can even add a little PSI to the one back bag to put more downforce on the tire..

·
Registered
21,387 Posts
Originally posted by drip@Oct 12 2003, 01:29 PM
I do not plan on going the route of air ride tech I was just wondering if a setup like that would be better for the torque conversion. I am pretty sure I am going to try to bag it and see how it hooks up I was just looking for some advice and opinons on if it would work or not.
if nothing else, give the guys at airride tech a call and ask them about it. I've been up there and talked to them. They are a bunch of older guys all about some hotrodding! I'm sure they could help you decide.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts