LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when puting airbags on a truck or car do you have2 make the frame stonger as with hydos? :confused:

·
I Dig Chix Wit Glasses!!!
14,255 Posts
Originally posted by SKReeCH@Sep 10 2003, 01:29 PM
when puting airbags on a truck or car do you have2 make the frame stonger as with hydos? :confused:
no, you do not. With hydro's the only time you actually have to reinforce is when your doing anything serious. I.E. three wheel (stress points and lower a-arms) hopping (full frame wrap - prefferably, lower a-arm molding, and such). Bags on trucks, all you have to worry about is the rear, if your gonna lay frame, get a linking system in and either step-notch or c-notch for axel clearance and added drop.

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
I'm reinforcing my upper a arm mounts this winter..

by bags throw my car up very fucking hard...

I think it's a misconception that you cannot mess a car up with bags.

if you're going around hitting 4 inches when you hit it up, or pulling rolling 3's, you run the same amount of risk that a juiced ride does...

·
14,255 Posts
Originally posted by 216RIDER@Sep 10 2003, 02:33 PM

if you're going around hitting 4 inches when you hit it up, or pulling rolling 3's, you run the same amount of risk that a juiced ride does...
sum ppl say is bad to bust a three on bags, and sum say no, what's your take on it?

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Originally posted by 216RIDER@Sep 10 2003, 01:33 PM

are you running nitrogen?

:cheesy: ,

cc

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by Cruz_Campos+Sep 10 2003, 05:23 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Cruz_Campos @ Sep 10 2003, 05:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--216RIDER@Sep 10 2003, 01:33 PM

cc[/b][/quote]
just at shows, and even then I turn the knob no higher than my everyday compressor goes... 175PSI

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by foey+Sep 10 2003, 04:59 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (foey @ Sep 10 2003, 04:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--216RIDER@Sep 10 2003, 02:33 PM

sum ppl say is bad to bust a three on bags, and sum say no, what's your take on it?[/b][/quote]
hell, I dunno, the only problem I can see is that the unpressurized bag might get stretched or pulled...

·
14,255 Posts
Originally posted by 216RIDER+Sep 10 2003, 04:03 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (216RIDER @ Sep 10 2003, 04:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 10 2003, 05:23 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--216RIDER
@Sep 10 2003, 01:33 PM

cc
just at shows, and even then I turn the knob no higher than my everyday compressor goes... 175PSI

[/b][/quote]
hey that trunk looks familiar :0

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Originally posted by 216RIDER+Sep 10 2003, 03:03 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (216RIDER @ Sep 10 2003, 03:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 10 2003, 05:23 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--216RIDER
@Sep 10 2003, 01:33 PM

cc

[/b][/quote]
:cool:

·
14,255 Posts
Originally posted by SKReeCH@Sep 11 2003, 01:45 PM
so other than fbss can air bags do 3wheel stand?
cylinders yes, but witt bagz you'll have to hit a tight turn

1 - 12 of 12 Posts