LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i might be getting an airbrush for christmas, but im not getting a compessor and i will have to use airbrush proprellant. how good is it useing it that way? hopefully if i get one i will make some cool paintjobs.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
it works but I was afraid of running out of air and the paint drying in the brush. Then it would be no good. I just got an air compressor today for my b-day. go on ebay, you can get a compressor with a dual action airbrush for $88. It is from air brush city. they have warranties and everything. I recommend a compressor.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
i just found a airbrush and compressor, both badger at a book store for $120. go hit up 2nd hand stores and flea markets, if not theres a couple of tankless compressors for like $80 new, this is what i use

·
Registered
64 Posts
the spare tire thing works somewhat. if any of you have ever had an old volkswagen, you know how the windshield squirters work. they have a hose that runs to the valve stem of the spare tire, and that where it gets its constant pressure to spray. then your spare tire runs flat, but oh well

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Originally posted by socios b.c. prez@Nov 30 2003, 12:33 AM
If you use co2 then you have to make sure that you buy a moisture trap. Thats the only drawback is you might be working on something and some water will shoot out and fuck up whatever you are working on...
I was talking to a homie doing t-shirts at the swap meet and he pointed out that since co2 is a dry gas a moisture trap was not needed. You do need some pressure regulators though. I have tried the cans of air and they suck because they can never keep a constant pressure. They cost a grip too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts