LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 670 Posts

·
Registered
16,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
why not a topic just for airbrushing, i myself am debating on getting a decent air brush set up.but not sure what to start with. any suggestions?kinda leaning towards a iwata eclipse.but i still gonna need a compressor. any suggestions?

heres a topic for just airbrush related .

feel free to post pics,info tips etc.

here i'm start it off.

·
Registered
16,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
any1 own or used one of these iwata compressors before ?

Compressor shuts itself off automatically when not in use
· Zero-maintenance, oil-less piston air compressor
· Built-in airbrush holder
· Extra hose for enhanced moisture separation
· Adjustable pressure regulator with moisture filter also prevents pulsation
· Easy to carry case with handle
· High-strength polyurethane hose fits Iwata airbrushes
· On/off switch
· Smart Jet Technology

Email Friend Price: $251.00

thinkin about pickin up a gun and a compressor ,god willing pretty soon

·
Registered
16,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
heres a gun i been lookin at

· Gravity-feed airbrush features a unique 0.35-mm needle and nozzle combination for fine-detail spraying, but with high-paint-flow capacity · Generous 1/3 oz. sized cup is designed with a new funnel shape, which makes for easy clean up and more efficient paint flow · Automotive artists, fine artists and students will appreciate how well the Eclipse CS sprays heavier acrylics and Medea Textile Colors, while maintaining high-detail spray characteristics

Email Friend List Price: $185.00
Price: $109.97

i hear a few people say these are good guns.

any info on em ?

·
LFDY Graffix
5,135 Posts
that airbrush is a real good all around brush, it can do details and wide spray (as wide as an airbrush does), also solvent resistant. They have the Kustom Line version and all it has is a bigger cup and a much larger mark up. If you buy it at Coast Airbrush, you can have them put on a taller trigger to help your hand out. If you haven't used an airbrush for a few hours straight, you'll notice all the muscles in your hand, lol.

As far as the compressor, if you can have a noisier one, I'd go with one of the larger ones from harbor freight or sears. That way if you want to clear something, you can. With that compressor, you won't have the CFM to use anything but the airbrush on it. I was thinking of picking up one of those compressors too, just so I don't have to listen to the big mofo all the time.

If you have any other questions, feel free to hit me up.

·
Registered
16,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sounds good,

what bran dof paint does every1 use?
or recommend?

how do u clean out the guns after using them?

·
Registered
21,472 Posts
cleaning them is easy,,,just be careful pulling the needle out or puttin in cuz it can bend the top real easy,and look like a hook....and,,its kinda tricky gettin it back in if u take all the way out,cuz it runs in trigger.....

i clean mine everytime i use it,,i take it all apart,and i have a nice case for it,,,it stays in the case when im not using it..

as far as paint,,,,u can use automotive paint,but just thin it down some,,,u can custom mix paint and a good tip is to use old film containers to store the paint it,,,,(the 35mm small plastic containers with lid)...that way the paint u mixed dont go bad,,,

u can find alot of tips and tricks @ airbrush.com >.i post on the forums there as ''IwannaIwata''

·
Registered
32,253 Posts
Originally posted by crenshaw magraw@Oct 14 2007, 08:34 AM~8995590
why not a topic just for airbrushing, i myself am debating on getting a decent air brush set up.but not sure what to start with. any suggestions?kinda leaning towards a iwata eclipse.but i still gonna need a compressor. any suggestions?

heres a topic for just airbrush related .

feel free to post pics,info tips etc.

here i'm start it off.

That car is bad ass. Best Car Murals at Supershow this year. I gotta get him to do some work on my bikes :thumbsup:

·
Registered
76 Posts
when i was 10 years old or so my grandma took me to the movies and asked what i would like to see :biggrin: ; i said scarface, so my 60 year old grama and i watched scarface together . she lives in the belmont hills . at the end of the movie she looked at me and said that guy says the word fuck alot :uh:

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
Originally posted by desktopgold@Oct 15 2007, 04:44 PM~9007746
when i was 10 years old or so my grandma took me to the movies and asked what i would like to see :biggrin:  ; i said scarface, so my 60 year old grama and i watched scarface together .  she lives in the belmont hills . at the end of the movie she looked at me and said that guy says the word fuck alot :uh:
:uh: :uh:

the airbrush i got is pretty good :cheesy:

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
most recent murals of mine , crenshaw i started with an iwata eclipse and always use it , its a good all around gun and detail gun you can also do a needle/nozzle upgrade and bring it down to a .35 i beleive it comes with .5mm needle/nozzle
have fun bro and any questions just ask :cool:
-Dreegz

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Originally posted by DREEGZ@Oct 16 2007, 02:04 PM~9015111
most recent murals of mine , crenshaw i started with an iwata eclipse and always use it , its a good all around gun and detail gun you can also do a needle/nozzle upgrade and bring it down to a .35 i beleive it comes with .5mm needle/nozzle
-Dreegz

wow, amazing work

on a side note i just got my iwata eclipse hp-c is that a good brush

·
Registered
5 Posts
Can someone tell me how they usually do their murals??
lets say you base,mural,clear? or base,clear,mural,clear?
maybe base,interclear,mural,clear????
tell me how its done ;)

·
Registered
16,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by DREEGZ@Oct 16 2007, 08:04 PM~9015111
-Dreegz

damm, nice work,
i'm lookin at gettin a iwata eclipse, soon as i get a few cois together.

thanks for the help

·
Registered
5 Posts
Originally posted by 1low87@Oct 16 2007, 05:38 PM~9017068
tell me how its done  ;)
:dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

·
Registered
425 Posts
Originally posted by crenshaw magraw@Oct 14 2007, 04:01 PM~8997860
sounds good,

what bran dof paint does every1 use?
or recommend?

how do u clean out the guns after using them?
I just run thinner threw mine till all the paint is cleared out and you see nothing but thinner come out.
never had no problems with mine.
ya those iwatas are good but they are dual action. if you just starting out you might wanna start with a single action. you wont be able to get real small detail but you can still produce clean good murals.

heres a few murals I did with a single action paasche
did with a single action paasche

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Originally posted by 1low87@Oct 16 2007, 08:38 PM~9017068
tell me how its done  ;)
you can do them all the ways u put down , i personally do base/clear/mural/clear
working over a wetsanded catalyzed clear is the best option , if something where to go wrong u could just wipe it off with reducer , let me see you do that with the other two options ..not happenin, it will remove the base or the intercoat.

1 - 20 of 670 Posts