LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran across this forum when I was checking out what's new in the Lowrider world nowadays... the cars are still a work of art ... very nice!!

Although I've been out of the lowrider scene for awhile, I still do quite a bit of airbrushing. I don't do full paint jobs anymore (except for motorcycle tanks and smaller stuff) but I'm always up for murals on hoods, trunks... etc.

A little background: Before I got out of the sport, some of the work I've done has come out on Lowrider Magazine as features and some in smaller pictures at "show sections". I started airbrushing back in California since 1989 then I moved to Texas and got more into automotive airbrushing..... yep, I've been airbrushing for awhile now.

I'll post some pics of my work if anyone is interested.

·
Premium Member
9,397 Posts
pics?

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
I got work for you in Florida homie. Lets talk, I gotta place for you to crash and everything. Holla back at me, and show me some of your work. If you shit is tight, I might be able to find you some more guys to hit up if you come out here. Get at me on a PM

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This one was done in 1995. Crappy scanned picture so you can't really see all the details. This mural sat in the trunk of my brother's 83 caddy from Rollerz Only C.C. that came out a couple of times in LRM..... back in the days.

This was done back in 1994 on the hood of a Chevy pick up dubbed "Scarface" from Lifestyle C.C. of Dallas. Again, sorry that the picture quality sucks. :biggrin:

·
Registered
6,840 Posts
WASS UP HOMIE--------I LIKE THE FIRST MURAL OF THE WIZARD---THE SECOND ONE IS AIGHT BUT THE FACE DOES NOT LOOK AT ALL LIKE PACHINO----ALSO THERE IS NO "LIFESTYLE" IN TEXAS------"LIFESTYLE" IS A ONE CHAPTER CLUB----LOS ANGELES ONLY !!

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
That first one is nice. What kind of airbrush do you use?

Q-vole Lowriderlife...I was looking through some LRM revistas the other day and saw that lifestyle club from tejas too. I was wondering if they were affiliated.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lowriderlife... Thanks, the scarface mural is actually pretty close from the picture I was given ( he looked younger then and that's the story I'm sticking to... hehe ;) ). This was scanned 6-7 years ago so it's real crappy. There used to be a Lifestyle CC in Dallas which had no affiliation to the Los Angeles Chapter. The Dallas Lifestyle was later changed to High Rollers CC of Dallas.

Armando.... I use Iwata and Olympus airbrushes.

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
Actually that is a pretty good depection of the scene, and we are talking about air brushing. How long to turn out a picture. I got one for your ass and it is something different then any others that I have seen.

·
Registered
6,840 Posts
check out og abel's work on toto's 58-----this is not the same pic but if i remember correctly he has the same picture on the car somewhere----but the point is check out the face---------now this looks like al pachino!!!
still good work thought bro------peace

Last edited by lowriderlife at Sep 11 2003, 11:37 AM

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I agree... og Abel's got mad skills. I'm a big fan of his work.... very talented artist.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Airworks - thats some good art i bet you stay purdy busy @ that
24-7 . thats how it is here in san antoio tx. check out some of the work we do. log on & tell me how you like it.

chicanoartworks.net

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Chicano.... great work!!!

Actually, I choose not to do as much airbrushing as I used to. I just have way too many things going on at once so I just do it mostly when I have free time.

It's nice to finally get to do it more of a hobby than as a job.... I get to pick and choose which projects I wanna do.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm in the Dallas area right now.

I dont have a website at the moment.

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
in post your rides there is a thread with some nice mural shots. cool looking murals, and like anything else the skills evolve over the years and talking with other muralists. all usually a bunch of cool guys.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Originally posted by Airworks@Sep 8 2003, 02:59 PM
Another one from the mid 90's
thats nice

1 - 20 of 25 Posts