LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

7581 - 7600 of 7614 Posts

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
I'm kinda liking this power pack. Looks just like the one I have on the Tommy lift. But there is little history/ info on these types. I think we used to call them wienies.

I collect old hydraulics, but I'll pass on this one, for now. The pic shows that this was a lower PSI setup, I think I have that motor, now that I can see a little more clear.
Did you see my PM? what do you think on my 2nd and 3rd PM?

Thanks for posting your pics.

Do you know what type of aircraft dump was used?

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
Aircraft valve from France

here is a aviontics French valve, encase you have had enough of Adels, Delta clones and Hydro-aires.
Rated at the usual 3,000 PSI

Attachments

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
The following is from a real old email:

Tony,

Thank you very much for the photos, now I understand why you enjoy collecting those motors !

I have three places you would love to visit, they are all close to Burbank, which is not so far from Encino after all considering what they have to offer. They are incredible places for surplus and used airplane parts and systems.

Going North on the 5 Freeway, leave towards West on Burbank Boulevard, drive maybe 10 blocks or so, cross Hollywood Blvg and you find Lucky's Hardware. When you finish, go North on Hollywood Blv., pass the Airport, and take San Fernando Road towards NW ( San Fernando Rd. has two lanes separated by the rail tracks, take the south lane ) and visit APEX. From there, turn back on San Fernando Rd. from where you came, then turn left on the first traffic lights, cross the tracks, drive until you find Glenoaks Blvd. Now I can't remember if you should turn L or R. Look for 9801, Kal Nelson Aviation Inc. Here's the addresses:

Luky's Hardware Co. ( the card I have says Luky's )
3814 Burbank Blv., Burbank, CA 91505
(818) 845-8338

APEX
8909 San Fernando Road
Sun Valley, CA 91352
(818) 767-7202 / (323) 875-1308

Kal Nelson Aviation ( ask for Terry )
9801 Glenoaks Blv.
Sun Valley, CA 91352
(323) 875-0388

I'll try to send you some photos of the hydraulic system of my airplane. Also pages of the Maintenance Manual showing the hydraulic system. Finally, the front page of the manual for the pump that attaches to that motor and photos of the pump itself.

Take care,

Marcio

Good luck on buying from these aircraft surplus places, LMK what you find.
kal2.jpg

The reason why I post this info here on LIL is that my site is down, I usually post on squaredump. Then later I post on LIL

Attachments

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts

Attachments

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
Hi Edmund,

No not yet, I just made a connection with someone. Hard to say if he will sell more parts to me.

·
Registered
13,648 Posts
Why not just join Instagram like the rest of the world. See new pics every few minutes that people post. There are literally thousands of aircraft hydraulic posts. It's 2018, act like it and embrace change...

My IG is @jbmachine

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Why not just join Instagram like the rest of the world. See new pics every few minutes that people post. There are literally thousands of aircraft hydraulic posts. It's 2018, act like it and embrace change...

My IG is @jbmachine
Very true, I follow you on IG.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Saco motors $100 bucks in stock
I just joined so give me a minute to learn how to work it! Two for $225 shipped in the state Saco!

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
Any one know what these sell for NOS 2 new Republic slow downs, unknown threads. big as a #8

Wish I could keep them, they look so pretty.

Attachments

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
before buying used dump valves

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ADEL-Hydraulic-Solenoid-Valve-Control-Aircraft-Surplus-PN-52253/223093055647?hash=item33f161e09f:g:5loAAOSwz2JbaiGj Is a good example of a good looking valve, but look at the pressure rating of PSI. The valve is rated at 950 PSI. Always look for 3000 PSI valves. Lower pressure valves can be used, with fatter cylinders, use a pressure relief valve and use 2-3 batteries and keep your slow down to slowly dump your ride. And you can forget about any real performance going up. IMO the valve can be used up to 1,400 PSI with no problems. So watch your pressure rating using a pressure gauge to adjust your relief valve. Notice the data tag states a fuel valve, not hydraulic as the title of the auction states, but it might work, also depending on the fluid or oil used

7581 - 7600 of 7614 Posts