LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 273 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellow lay-it-low members, my name is Tino Herrera, and I am putting Ted Wells on blast. This man is a con-artist, a liar, and thief and cannot be trusted. Here is my story:

6 months ago, I purchased pesco pumps, square dumps, and equalizers from Ted and other people. Once I had all the parts necessary to complete my setup, I contacted Ted about the chrome plating, assembly, and subsequent installation of said parts in my 1950 Fleetline. I gave him my parts, and approx. $1500 of my hard earned dollars. He said he would have everything ready for me in a few weeks.

That was six months ago.

I have left numerous messages, and have personally taken time off from work, and drove the nearly 120 miles to his house/shop to inquire about the location of my parts and cash. And all I get are excuses: His wife left him, he has cancer, his dog died. All bullshit. He does not return my calls, and on the rare times I have been able to reach him, it was on another phone, so he wouldnt recognize the number. And now, his phone says it is no longer accepting calls. Which tells me he has either blocked my number, failed to pay his bill, or has disconnected his phone.

I asked him time and time again where is the chrome shop, so I can get my parts and take them elswhere. He refuses to disclose their location. And upon closer investigation of the shop on my last visit, none of my parts were there. When I asked for my cash back, I was told he didnt have it.

This self proclaimed aircraft "Icon of the Industry" is a piece of shit. He is a coward, and won't man up when he has wronged someone. Only now has it come to my attention that he has burned many people. From San Diego to San Francisco, I have been hearing stories about how guys were lied to, cheated out of parts, or given parts back that were not their original parts.

This piece of dung was even featured on Living the Low Life. How accurate that is, considering Ted Wells is truly a low life.

I hope that this somehow gets back to him, and he can read about what he really is: a worthless sack of shit. I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire, and I hope that many of you post up your horror stories about this asswipe, and that maybe we can drive him out of business. There are many other aircraft guys that are far better and honest, and deserve the title of "Icon"

·
Registered
34,436 Posts
Hmmmmmm
put the east coast on your list also. :mad:

·
GOFUCKURSELF
16,530 Posts
:0 :0 :0

I NEVER KNEW TED TO BE LIKE THAT

·
Registered
452 Posts
I've always heard good things about him through a couple people i know, this side of the story is bad for business. hopefully everything can get worked out one way or another.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by harbor area 64 rag@Feb 24 2010, 11:59 PM~16719216
I've always heard good things about him through a couple people i know, this side of the story is bad for business. hopefully everything can get worked out one way or another.
call him and ask him whats up!! (626) 831-1612

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
Originally posted by tito5050@Feb 24 2010, 09:47 PM~16718478
Fellow lay-it-low members, my name is Tino Herrera, and I am putting Ted Wells on blast. This man is a con-artist, a liar, and thief and cannot be trusted. Here is my story:

6 months ago, I purchased pesco pumps, square dumps, and equalizers from Ted and other people. Once I had all the parts necessary to complete my setup, I contacted Ted about the chrome plating, assembly, and subsequent installation of said parts in my 1950 Fleetline. I gave him my parts, and approx. $1500 of my hard earned dollars. He said he would have everything ready for me in a few weeks.

That was six months ago.

I have left numerous messages, and have personally taken time off from work, and drove the nearly 120 miles to his house/shop to inquire about the location of my parts and cash. And all I get are excuses: His wife left him, he has cancer, his dog died. All bullshit. He does not return my calls, and on the rare times I have been able to reach him, it was on another phone, so he wouldnt recognize the number. And now, his phone says it is no longer accepting calls. Which tells me he has either blocked my number, failed to pay his bill, or has disconnected his phone.

I asked him time and time again where is the chrome shop, so I can get my parts and take them elswhere. He refuses to disclose their location. And upon closer investigation of the shop on my last visit, none of my parts were there. When I asked for my cash back, I was told he didnt have it.

This self proclaimed aircraft "Icon of the Industry" is a piece of shit. He is a coward, and won't man up when he has wronged someone. Only now has it come to my attention that he has burned many people. From San Diego to San Francisco, I have been hearing stories about how guys were lied to, cheated out of parts, or given parts back that were not their original parts.

This piece of dung was even featured on Living the Low Life. How accurate that is, considering Ted Wells is truly a low life.

I hope that this somehow gets back to him, and he can read about what he really is: a worthless sack of shit. I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire, and I hope that many of you post up your horror stories about this asswipe, and that maybe we can drive him out of business. There are many other aircraft guys that are far better and honest, and deserve the title of "Icon"
You can add Fresno to the list. I paid him $10,000 up front in 2007 for a complete Pesco Rooster setup and installation. Two years later and the car was only 80% complete. After numurous excuses, not returning my messages or answering my phone calls I'd drive 375 miles to his house only to be lied and bullshitted to. Most of the times I got through on the phone was if I called from a number he didn't recognize. I finally pulled my car out, cut my losses and paid someone else who is finishing my setup now for me. My car was almost done but now is being redone. It was filthy, scratched, chipped, dinged and a torch was used to cut the front cylinder holes on my candy painted frame. When I called him on it he would just point fingers at other people. He has alot of traffic in and out of his shop and several people brought to my attention that my car was used as his workbench. They saw tools and parts being stored on my uncovered car. Those of you reading this that were there know I'm not lying. I was referred to Ted because he was respected and a Hall of Famer. I have no respect for him now and I hope to never see him again nor will I ever give him any credit for my setup.

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
:(

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
thats some crazy shit..but u never give all the money up front...

·
PINCHE GABACHO
9,466 Posts
:wow: :wow: I've heard stories bit nothing out in the open till now

·
Banned
1,905 Posts
WHAT ABOUT THE YOUNG MAN FROM OVERSEAS WHO FLEW TO THE USA TO VISIT LOS ANGELES AND WENT TO MEET TED AND GOT RIPPED OFF FOR MANY COLOR BARS AND OTHER STUFF.

TED KEPT DODGING THE GUY AND EVEN LIED ABOUT ALMOST DYING IN THE HOSPITAL BUT WAS NEVER EVEN SICK OR EVEN IN THE HOSPITAL.

·
-------------------------
3,986 Posts
Originally posted by Jack Bauer@Feb 25 2010, 02:42 PM~16720211
WHAT ABOUT THE YOUNG MAN FROM OVERSEAS WHO FLEW TO THE USA TO VISIT LOS ANGELES AND WENT TO MEET TED AND GOT RIPPED OFF FOR MANY COLOR BARS AND OTHER STUFF.

TED KEPT DODGING THE GUY AND EVEN LIED ABOUT ALMOST DYING IN THE HOSPITAL BUT WAS NEVER EVEN SICK OR EVEN IN THE HOSPITAL.
That's not quite how it went, but yeah I had to go pick up those colorbars in person when I was in L.A because Ted didn't send them out to my homie.
But Ted did make it right in our case, just a lot of wasted time and phone calls on our end.

·
Premium Member
49,409 Posts
Why hasn't anybody takin it out on his ass? He's RIGHT there in Cali where most of you are, handle it.

Modesto and Fresno isn't that far of a drive for 5K or 10K worth of equipment or a justified ass whoopin.

1 - 20 of 273 Posts