LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do i know when they are ajusted right? i have 14 inch cylinders and this is what it looks like

·
Registered
534 Posts
when you drive with it locked up or layed out does the driveshaft bind?

if not.. then i guess your ok :thumbsup:

btw.. glad that you finally got them .. :cheesy:

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i havent drove it just put them in a few hrs ago pluse i have to install my battery rack but thanks for the help..i have more pics in post your rides under ''does anyone have a 4 door olds 98''

Last edited by droppen98 at Dec 3 2003, 11:15 PM

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
My driveshaft binds when all the way up w/ 12's. Would adjustable trailing arms maek this go away? There already is some slip, jsut not when locked up...

·
Registered
534 Posts
Originally posted by droppen98@Dec 4 2003, 12:14 AM
i havent drove it just put them in a few hrs ago pluse i have to install my battery rack but thanks for the help..i have more pics in post your rides under ''does anyone have a 4 door olds 98''
if the battery rack isn't in does that mean that is the lowest your car sits?!? or was it in when you took the pics...

anyway..you can look at the ujoint on the rear and the driveshaft.. if its pointing up to high when the car is locked up.. it will bind and push into the trans.. if it's too low it will bind at the ujoint .. gotta find a happy medium

·
Premium Member
5,323 Posts
yes, adjustables will help in both cases, except that if you go too far the u-joint will bind up when you lay the car all the way down... The other option is to drop the mounts on the frame down. ;)

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by juicdcutlass+Dec 3 2003, 11:18 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (juicdcutlass @ Dec 3 2003, 11:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--droppen98@Dec 4 2003, 12:14 AM
if the battery rack isn't in does that mean that is the lowest your car sits?!? or was it in when you took the pics...

anyway..you can look at the ujoint on the rear and the driveshaft.. if its pointing up to high when the car is locked up.. it will bind and push into the trans.. if it's too low it will bind at the ujoint .. gotta find a happy medium[/b][/quote]
the car is lifted all the way i just had two pumps sitting on the rack with two batterys with a ground clamp

·
Registered
237 Posts
my lincoln binded on 14s when fully locked... neways now that i notched the rear when slammed the rear tire pushs into the back door.. where did u get those ajustable traling arms??? cuz imma need to enxtend mine or osmething so when its layed out the tire sits in the middle of the well again? ne suggestions???????

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Originally posted by TUXNUTZ@Dec 4 2003, 05:36 PM
my lincoln binded on 14s when fully locked... neways now that i notched the rear when slammed the rear tire pushs into the back door.. where did u get those ajustable traling arms??? cuz imma need to enxtend mine or osmething so when its layed out the tire sits in the middle of the well again? ne suggestions???????
prohopper.com

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
175 shipped to your door

1 - 12 of 12 Posts