LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright im somewhat new to hydraulics, ive been an air guy for a long time but id like to know hydros just as well so i can be well rounded in my shop.

im lookin for a website(s) where i can go to learn about juice setups and different configurations..how cylinders are mounted, how lines are run, differences between f/b and f/b/s/s, diff amounts of pumps/batts, etc...
OR if someone has enough time on their hands, they could write up some sort of a tutorial on here

also, with any new subjest to become involved in, it takes time to learn what components are quality, what companies make dependable parts. what are the credible sources for parts?

CCE
ProHopper
Black magic
Showtime

i know there are more, fill me in on whats good and whats not. im sure its just like air in that there are bottom line kits that may seem appealing in price but they wont last as long or perform nearly as well. just as a general question, what should one expect to pay for a dependable 2 pump, 3 pump, and 4 pump setup (minus batts). not for pro hopping at all, just street driven.

i dont mean to sound like a newbie who just wants to know how high he can hop, im trying to learn as much as i can.

thanks a bunch

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Originally posted by sled@Sep 23 2005, 12:58 PM~3873196
alright im somewhat new to hydraulics, ive been an air guy for a long time but id like to know hydros just as well so i can be well rounded in my shop.

im lookin for a website(s) where i can go to learn about juice setups and different configurations..how cylinders are mounted, how lines are run, differences between f/b and f/b/s/s, diff amounts of pumps/batts, etc...
OR if someone has enough time on their hands, they could write up some sort of a tutorial on here

also, with any new subjest to become involved in, it takes time to learn what components are quality, what companies make dependable parts.  what are the credible sources for parts?

CCE
ProHopper
Black magic
Showtime

i know there are more, fill me in on whats good and whats not. im sure its just like air in that there are bottom line kits that may seem appealing in price but they wont last as long or perform nearly as well.  just as a general question, what should one expect to pay for a dependable 2 pump, 3 pump, and 4 pump setup (minus batts).  not for pro hopping at all, just street driven.

i dont mean to sound like a newbie who just wants to know how high he can hop, im trying to learn as much as i can.

thanks a bunch
first off your at the right websit, this is where you can get almost any question answered...
so to answer your questions for a 2pump setup your looking at 1000 to 1200 bucks for a nice 2 pump kit and the quality parts are really your motor and pumphead the top of the line pumpheads are definatly marzhocci they make some good shit, and saco motors preform well too, a good 4 pump kit is like 1600 bucks or so it depends on the deal you can buy you definatly dont wanna buy cheap shit...

about companies its really a matter of personal opinion dont let any one fool you it is all mainly the same shit between reds show time prohopper blackmagic some people will tell u ones better but it usually isnt true the only companies i dont suggest you buy is cce beacuse there cylinders are hella shitty (which isnt always true) and luxor because they just plain suck, but all the hydros have pretty much the same parts, the more pumps you have the more range of motion you have for example the more pumps you have the more upward motions you have and the more dumps the more downward motions, like i have a 2 pump 4 dump so i can only lift the front and the back but i can drop any corner i want there are ways to get aroud doing that like having dumps for your preassure and return but it doenst really have a practicle application, ur bets bet is 4 pum caus you have unlimited range of motion... any more questions????

·
Registered
712 Posts
look for that guy vol_vo or something like that on here.

he wrote a book called science of hydraulics.....

i'll look for a link but hopefully i pointed you in the right direction.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Originally posted by juiced@Sep 23 2005, 03:43 PM~3873957
look for that guy vol_vo or something like that on here.

he wrote a book called science of hydraulics.....

i'll look for a link but hopefully i pointed you in the right direction.
yeah he is a big help :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts