LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Little Buddy
12,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
THATS RIGHT... ON ALL CHROME WHEELS IT WILL PROTECT THE FINISH. AND LOWEER THE POSSIBILTY OF RUST ON HIGH $$ WHEELS AND CHEAP WHEELS..

APPLY A MIST OVER THE WHEELS..AND DRIVE IT DAILY...

B4 A CRUISE OR SHOW JUST CLEAN THEM WITH SOAP AND WATER...
OR JUST RE APPLY ANOTHER COAT OF WD40 MIST WEEKLY TILL THE NEXT CRUISE /SHOW..

YEAH THEY WHEELS WONT LOOK SO PRETY THE DIRT WILL ATRACT TO THE OIL.. BUT IT WILL PROTECT THE WHEELS..

DONT TRY THIS WITH PAINT OR POWDER COAT...

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I have heard that WD-40 will work it's way into the nipples and loosen the spokes because it is a penetrating oil used to free up rusted nuts and bolts. I wouldn't recommend it.

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
Originally posted by jcd@Sep 13 2005, 08:55 AM~3803951
I have heard that WD-40 will work it's way into the nipples and loosen the spokes because it is a penetrating oil used to free up rusted nuts and bolts. I wouldn't recommend it.
I have had my Daytons for 8 years and every winter I take them off and drench them in wd 40 and they look brand new

never had a problem with a spoke comming loose

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
Originally posted by individualsbox@Sep 12 2005, 10:26 PM~3802272
THATS RIGHT... ON ALL CHROME WHEELS IT WILL PROTECT THE FINISH. AND LOWEER THE POSSIBILTY OF RUST ON HIGH $$ WHEELS AND CHEAP WHEELS..

APPLY A MIST OVER THE  WHEELS..AND DRIVE IT DAILY...

B4 A CRUISE OR SHOW JUST CLEAN THEM WITH SOAP AND WATER...
OR JUST RE APPLY ANOTHER COAT OF WD40 MIST WEEKLY TILL THE NEXT CRUISE /SHOW..

YEAH THEY WHEELS WONT LOOK SO PRETY THE DIRT WILL ATRACT TO THE OIL.. BUT IT WILL PROTECT THE WHEELS..

DONT TRY THIS WITH PAINT OR POWDER COAT...
Damn been doing the WD-40 for years now.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
good lookin out homie, im a do that, i live in canada you need to keep them spokes free of rust

·
Registered
12,068 Posts
thats a good idea, but if they do rust a lil between cleanings, get some wire wheel cleaner from car brite or somewhere like that. It is acid based and with a shot from the pressure washer the rims will look brand new everytime. Also done it on a lot of gold rims before too :0

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
pb blaster works better, gun oil works good as well

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
PB Blaster is a little oily, and is a bitch to clean. If you get a little rust on the wires, get you some OOO steel wool, and you will be good.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Originally posted by dirtywhiteboy66@Sep 14 2005, 02:12 PM~3814244
PB Blaster is a little oily, and is a bitch to clean.  If you get a little rust on the wires, get you some OOO steel wool, and you will be good.

Very true

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
if ya dont like that just use naval jelly....the reason i liked pb blaster is it stayed on unlike wd...i rode all winter long and didnt get a speck of rust thanks to that stuff

·
Registered
497 Posts
Originally posted by dlinehustler@Sep 13 2005, 07:18 AM~3804022
I have had my Daytons for 8 years and every winter I take them off and drench them in wd 40 and they look brand new

real d's dont rust they are stainless steel dayton even has a warrenty that covers rust so i guess u have been wasteing ur time doing this that is if they are real daytons if u are unsure about what im saying call dayton ;)

·
Registered
742 Posts
I'd rather have my wheels look good then protect them and they look nasty. All I would do is keep them looking shiny and when I do clean them the little rust that was there I would just clean off with WD-40.

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
Originally posted by ghettoslick1@Sep 17 2005, 12:54 AM~3831948
real d's dont rust they are stainless steel  dayton even has a warrenty that covers rust so i guess u have been wasteing ur time doing this that is if they are real daytons if u are unsure about what im saying call dayton ;)
Yes they are daytons.....and yes the spokes are stanless......but I have seen Daytons rust around the nipples ....I may be wasting my time but I rather be safe than sorry.....china's now $200 Daytons 8 years ago $2600 :biggrin:

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
LD-9 bike chain lube is good because it doesnt attract dirt and dust,Also mist it but dont drench it,after time it will get into the spokes and loosen them. :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
I just use some of tha new wheel cleaner with teflon and that cleans tha wheels and protects them so they look good wen im cruisin but stay protected and i havnt seen any rust.

·
Registered
807 Posts
i would spray it on my gold bumpers and rims,only when i would store it for months because it will take for ever to clean.cause dirt attracts to oil but will keep it from rusting

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
Originally posted by dlinehustler@Sep 13 2005, 07:18 AM~3804022

IVE BEEN TELLING PEOPLE THIS FOR YEARS SOME LISTEN SOME DONT

I DO THE SAME THING EVEN TO MY CHROME
EVEN IF THE CAR IS IN THE GARAGE THEY CAN STILL RUST

ITS AMAZING WHAT 6BUCKS WILL SAVE YOU

·
Phoenix Chapter President
6,456 Posts
Originally posted by KAKALAK@Aug 6 2010, 11:30 AM~18245536
:cheesy:
are you gonna resurrect the dead now?? :biggrin: Old ass topic..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts