LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im going to install an Alpine 9815 into my 1993 Lincoln Towncar

couple questions:

requirements say it needs a 10ga. amp installation kit.... i imagine i can simply get some 10ga. wire and hook it up (with a fuse of course)

i already have the harnesses i need, i will be hooking this up to my stock speakers until i get some more money and buy amps and new speakers. i also bought the kit to install it.

is there anything else i need?

for the power, what size fuse do i need?

thanks

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
make sure the stero has an amp in it already, cause if it dont you aint gonna hear shit!
Like mine, it wont play unless I have an amp connected to it ;) :cool:

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
Damn man people need to do there research before they post on Threads. Okay your deck has the newest technology to hit the street, it has some serious wattage coming from that deck. So you must wire the deck with a 10 gauge wire to allow suficent power to go to the decks amp. Okay you will need the same size wire for the ground, and then if you are gonna hook up a amp, you will need to buy some remote wire, and some RCA's. I would actually say get the kit and you will have everything that you need.

Last edited by dirtywhiteboy66 at Sep 29 2003, 05:52 PM

·
Registered
37,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bobby hill: it has an internal amp ;)

dirtywhiteboy: i have done research, i was just making sure, also, i did say im hooking it up to my stock speakers, thats why i bought the harnesses n shit, so obviously im not gonna buy RCAs n shit like that

my questions were:

which u didnt answer either, thank u anyway

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
Originally posted by mrtravieso@Sep 29 2003, 04:24 PM

dirtywhiteboy: i have done research, i was just making sure, also, i did say im hooking it up to my stock speakers, thats why i bought the harnesses n shit, so obviously im not gonna buy RCAs n shit like that

my questions were:

pues phuck u :biggrin: :cool:

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
Originally posted by mrtravieso@Sep 29 2003, 06:24 PM

my questions were:

Naw I was just fucking with all yall. But the fuse should either be already inline, or should be apart of the Deck, or somewhere on the decks amplifier. Hey you got the owners manual it should say it there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts