LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NEED TO KNOW IF AUTOMOTIVE PAINT CAN WITHSTAND HEAT OF AN ENGINE. I WANT TO SPRAY MY BLOCK AND HEADS WITH IT , BUT I DON'T WANT IT TO COME OFF. IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN ADD TO PAINT MIX TO MAKE IT MORE DURABLE? ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED!!!!!!!!
THANKS! :cool:

·
Registered
685 Posts
Car Body paint will not withstand the temperatures of a engine. you will have to get special paint for that. that paint is easy to find though.

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
Originally posted by The Assassyn@Aug 22 2005, 06:59 PM~3672577
Car Body paint will not withstand the temperatures of a engine. you will have to get special paint for that. that paint is easy to find though.

I disagree!

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Originally posted by skandalouz@Aug 22 2005, 07:18 PM~3672676
I disagree!
I agree to disagree ;)

BC/CC will work fine on your block.........only problem with be at the exhuast ports, were the paint will discolor with the heat but it will be hardly noticable.......Do a search and you'll fine a couple of members on here who have allready custom painted there engines. :cool:

·
Registered
14,848 Posts
i have to agree with the disaggree :biggrin: i just sprayed a hightemp engine paint on my block as a primer, then painted and cleared over it.some may do it differently.as for an aadditive,i asked the man at the dupont store,and he never herd of anything llike that ;)

G

·
i painted my engine in my cutty the same color as the car i first spray that duplicolor engine prime then the color then the clear it`s been about 2 years and the engine looks as good as the day i painted it i drive it all the time

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
HOW WOULD YOU GUYS PREP THE ENGINE? NOT TRYING TO SOUND HELPLESS AND ALL, JUST WANT THIS TO TURN OUT RIGHT. :cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts