LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
23,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright i changed my motor mounts to solid mounts, i bent them from hopping, and semi-fixed them so i could get home, but i hit one of those crazy bumps and scraped the front of the car when it was slammed out, and not i snapped off a bolt inside the block of my engine, how can i get that fucker out?

·
Registered
15,195 Posts
Originally posted by ONE8SEVEN@Jul 31 2005, 10:14 PM
im goin on no sleep i was up all night waiting 4 a tow truck and i been trying to fix it all day
[snapback]3516644[/snapback]​
get some sleep. youll just fuck it up worse from no sleep. been there done that.

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
you could try a left handed drill bit/extractor ....

bad news is your probaby gonna have to get the engine out to get to it ..

·
Registered
106 Posts
your gonna have to get a bit in were the bolt is and drill a small hole in the middle of the broke bolt, then take the easy out and hammer it in the hole and use a wrench or scoket to back it out.

·
Registered
694 Posts
just like ole boy said about the left handed drill bit, get your self a drill and tap set, i know all about this, cuz i was putting new gaskets on my truck and over torked a head bolt, snapped the head right off the bolt, that took the fun outta my day,lol

·
Banned
23,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well i got it out, i couldnt fit a drill ne where near ther bu a set of needle nose pliers and wd-40 worked 4 me, mind u i had the motor mounts out 3 days prior to this so the bolt wasnt rusted in, lesson learned, solid motor mounts are shit, they turn into tacos :cool:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts