LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what would be the best thing to get for what i want

i want to be able to do the following

3 wheel
lift front
lift back
lift sides
bob front up and down

im looking here

http://redshydros.com/id26.htm

but woudl like to know what would be the best set up
 

·
SPELL CHECK
Joined
·
21,743 Posts
Originally posted by dirtywhiteboy66@Jul 28 2005, 11:27 AM
I would say do not do it!!!!!!.  That car is gonna be worth alot of money, and I would not cut it up.  Just my .02
[snapback]3496834[/snapback]​
I was gonna say the same thing, but figured I'd be labeled a hater. ;)

Then again, people will cut up anything, so what can I say. A '64 SS is worth plenty of cash.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my dad is giving it to me because he has a 95 impala ss jon moss signature series car i can take pics of it if you want but it has the super chip in it and is signed by jon moss himself. also has light covers and LESS THAN 5 grand miles on it. its in perfect condition with all the parts that came with the car nothing has been replaced in it and it is in our garage with not a scratch or chip on the paint. i decided since he has that and is giving me this i should turn it into a low rider i can take pics of both of them beside eachother and you guys can compare if you want. but after telling you that would you still reccomend not putting hydros in it ?


and badass its a 95 not a 64
 

·
SPELL CHECK
Joined
·
21,743 Posts
I know. My point was that people take 64SSes all the time and cut them, and they're worth money too, so why shouldn't you cut a '95 if it's worth money? Shouldn't matter at the end of the day.
 

·
SPELL CHECK
Joined
·
21,743 Posts
I'm saying it's up to you. ;) Just because the car is "collectible" as an original vehicle, should you not cut it? You, and anyone else on this site could debate that til they're blue in the face. It's up to you. Hell, I say lay that bitch out! :biggrin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
alright i think im going to because my dad has his other one which is way better.. its faster.. clearner.. newer... super chip... signed... jon moss interior... light covers... 100X better everything thanks ;) so now what type of hydro syystem should ig et for it like i asked in first post lol :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,629 Posts
I say get 3 pump 8 battery setup from BMH, Showtime or Prohopper, competition kits. 8 inch strokes up front and 12s in the back, that would be a pretty good setup. And reinforce the frame at least.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,025 Posts
I would bag it, hydros will kill that car. Go for a ride in a juiced car before you do it. I love it, but I sure as hell wouldnt want to drive one for any length of time.
 

·
SPELL CHECK
Joined
·
21,743 Posts
Not to get off the topic of hydraulics, but what is this super chip you're referring to? I didn't think they made a chip for LT1s. I am quite familiar with reprogramming the PCM, but no chip.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
when i get back ill tell you more about it that wont be until about 9 my time and its 4. but ill post or pm ya about it. remembe rthats my padres ;) i would be doing his old one which is still great and its ok im just waiting for someone who would know about this any questions are gratefully appreciated
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
140 Posts
THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH PUTTING HYDRAULICS ON A CAR WORTH MONEY.


THATS THE PROBLEM WITH LOWRIDING TODAY, TOO MANY PEOPLE LISTEN TO OTHERS WHEN IT COMES TO PRESERVING A CAR.




I DONT KNOW WHATS WORSE, PEOPLE WHO ARE CHEAP, OR PEOPLE WHO ARE SCARED TO CUT A NICE CAR, OR PEOPLE WHO WOULD CUT A 4 DOOR CLASSIC OVER A 2 DOOR.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,210 Posts
Originally posted by pnw1n@Jul 28 2005, 12:26 PM
my dad is giving it to me because he has a 95 impala ss jon moss signature series car i can take pics of it if you want but it has the super chip in it and is signed by jon moss himself. also has light covers and LESS THAN 5 grand miles on it. its in perfect condition with all the parts that came with the car nothing has been replaced in it and it is in our garage with not a scratch or chip on the paint. i decided since he has that and is giving me this i should turn it into a low rider i can take pics of both of them beside eachother and you guys can compare if you want. but after telling you that would you still reccomend not putting hydros in it ?
and badass its a 95 not a 64
[snapback]3497239[/snapback]​

please, please, please dont do anything to that car...its a collectable...with only 5000mi. thats insane. i saw one of those with 14k going for $25K
 

·
SPELL CHECK
Joined
·
21,743 Posts
Originally posted by 357IN602@Jul 28 2005, 01:54 PM
please, please, please dont do anything to that car...its a collectable...with only 5000mi.  thats insane.  i saw one of those with 14k going for $25K
[snapback]3498121[/snapback]​
No man, reread that shit. His father is keeping the 5000 mile John Moss signed Imp, and giving him another one that's not quite as nice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,210 Posts
Originally posted by Badass94Cad@Jul 28 2005, 01:56 PM
No man, reread that shit.  His father is keeping the 5000 mile John Moss signed Imp, and giving him another one that's not quite as nice.
[snapback]3498138[/snapback]​

OH,...... thats different....CUT THAT SHIT!!! sorry bout that , reading too fast
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
its ok im taking pics of both of them now and i will post up asap i got a game to leave for in 20 minuts ill try to get them up before that.. yea the one i am cutting has over 200K miles but my dad bought it clean. we drive to all my hockey tournyments from canada to florida and everwhere inbetween ( i live in virginia ) so its got alot of miles but runs GREAT.. i think i will cut it pics coming
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,172 Posts
Originally posted by dirtywhiteboy66@Jul 28 2005, 11:27 AM
I would say do not do it!!!!!!.  That car is gonna be worth alot of money, and I would not cut it up.  Just my .02
[snapback]3496834[/snapback]​
:cool: i agree with these fools, maybe bag it :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
512 Posts
PLEASE DONT JUICE THAT. THAT IS TOO NICE OF A CAR.
IF U WANT A LOW RIDER PICK UP SOME 80'S CADDY OR G-BODY FOR LIKE 2K
DONT HURT THAT IMPALA U COULD SELL THAT THING FOR LIKE 20K EASY, AND I MEAN EASY. TO ME THATS MAKING A PAPER AIRPLANE OUT OF A SIGNED BABE RUTH PLAYING CARD.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i dont like baseball so that wouldnt bother me lol.. the one im doing has 250 thousand miles on it ;). dont worry im not doin the other one that has 5 grand make sure you read the stuff right.. also this car doesnt need any repairing so alot less money need to be spent on it. i got ONE pic then batteries die lol and its a but pic but ill post it
 
1 - 20 of 67 Posts
Top