LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· SPELL CHECK
22,546 Posts
Originally posted by dirtywhiteboy66@Jul 28 2005, 11:27 AM
I would say do not do it!!!!!!.  That car is gonna be worth alot of money, and I would not cut it up.  Just my .02
[snapback]3496834[/snapback]​
I was gonna say the same thing, but figured I'd be labeled a hater. ;)

Then again, people will cut up anything, so what can I say. A '64 SS is worth plenty of cash.

· SPELL CHECK
22,546 Posts
I know. My point was that people take 64SSes all the time and cut them, and they're worth money too, so why shouldn't you cut a '95 if it's worth money? Shouldn't matter at the end of the day.

· SPELL CHECK
22,546 Posts
I'm saying it's up to you. ;) Just because the car is "collectible" as an original vehicle, should you not cut it? You, and anyone else on this site could debate that til they're blue in the face. It's up to you. Hell, I say lay that bitch out! :biggrin:

· SPELL CHECK
22,546 Posts
Not to get off the topic of hydraulics, but what is this super chip you're referring to? I didn't think they made a chip for LT1s. I am quite familiar with reprogramming the PCM, but no chip.

· SPELL CHECK
22,546 Posts
Originally posted by 357IN602@Jul 28 2005, 01:54 PM
please, please, please dont do anything to that car...its a collectable...with only 5000mi.  thats insane.  i saw one of those with 14k going for $25K
[snapback]3498121[/snapback]​
No man, reread that shit. His father is keeping the 5000 mile John Moss signed Imp, and giving him another one that's not quite as nice.

· SPELL CHECK
22,546 Posts
Originally posted by BigPoppa@Jul 29 2005, 10:11 AM
Bag it.  The SS has all those performance parts that it would be a waste to not be able to use them.  At least with bags they can be more useful than with hydros.
[snapback]3504179[/snapback]​
Like what? The performance difference between the Caprice and the Impala SS is the LT1, the springs and shocks (which would come out either way), and um that's about it. Looks wise, there's a different grille, badging, interior is different with the console. So if he's not gonna run that LT1 like a race car, what does it matter? Either way, bags or juice, it's getting cut so either one would deplete the supposed resale value, not like 250K miles on the clock, a bunch of neons, and a box of speakers wouldn't. :uh:

· SPELL CHECK
22,546 Posts
Originally posted by pnw1n@Jul 29 2005, 10:23 AM
i wouldnt be doing the lt1 i would be doing the one with 250K miles that is a normal ss. all the pics i took up top are of my dads impala. mine isnt as nice but still rocks..

now im debating on getting a jumper and just doing all the other stuff to this car or just totally doing this car... and by the way badcad neons rock :).
[snapback]3504276[/snapback]​
Dude, if it's an SS, then it's an LT1. 1994-1996 Impala SS came with an LT1. The other car that keeps coming up has caused a lot of confusion, but I'm not addressing the 5K mile car. You have an SS, which has an LT1. Big Poppa said there were "all those performance parts" in an SS, which is true - an LT1 and a stiffer suspension. BUT, if you're going to juice or bag it, then you're removing the stock suspension. Furthermore, my point was your SS has 250,000 miles on the LT1 - not exactly "desirable" when coming to resale value. Additionally, adding neons (however cool, I know a LOT of people will debate you on that) and changing the stereo and anything else for that matter that is NOT A DESIRABLE modification when it comes to resale value will, of course, continue to depreciate the value of your SS.

Your car isn't worth a ton already, so I wouldn't worry about cutting it. Even if it was the 5K mile car, who gives a fuck? It's your damn car, do what you want.

So, fuck it, the point is do what you want, I have lost interest.

· SPELL CHECK
22,546 Posts
Not sure what your dad's deal is, but if you need any help with the LT1/drivetrain, general suspension, or anything on that car, let me know. I know them pretty well. When it comes to hydraulics or airbags, there are a lot of people on this forum who know that shit inside and out, so it's a good resource.

Jeff

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.