LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright no one around here does gold leafing, some i am going to give it a shot. i was wondering if anyone on here does, or know someone who can give me some good first timer advice,hell any good advice for that matter. i made post inquireing about this some time ago but.... didnt really come up with anything. so i ll give it another shot! so plz any help is appreciated!

;)

·
\m/ WTF? FTW! \m/
13,648 Posts
there was a how to in a past issue of LRM that showed how to do it.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i rembered than one but i can t seem to find it? you remeber whitch issue it was in?

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
can you silver leaf as well?

ive seen that on a couple of cars along with gold leafing, that shit is tight

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
where do you get the gold leafing, I am interested in doing it to my wagon.

Last edited by 64 at Aug 17 2003, 01:48 PM

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
Ask your local firemen where they get the trucks painted and the gold leafing in the lettering... they might know the shop or the person who repairs them. ;)

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i went and bought a couple good books about giulding and leafing

so ill be doing my own gold leafing!! seems like its a lost art almost,

·
Registered
282 Posts
EC- You are so right, Gold Leafing is such a fine art and yet it is almost unseen anymore. Back in the day almost every ride and motorcycle had some gold leafing done. Personally I think it is a great addition to any custom ride...it really sets it apart from the rest. But yeah..I wanted to learn it awhile back...finally found some books on it as well as talked to some Vertanos around here and they gave me some tips on how to do it. So yeah...my ride will fo sure have some gold leafing on it! :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Originally posted by Equipped Customs@Aug 18 2003, 11:43 PM
well i went and bought a couple good books about giulding and leafing

so ill be doing my own gold leafing!! seems like its a lost art almost,
Can you give me the names of these books so I can see if I can find them

·
Registered
6,840 Posts
if you do an engine search on gold leaf you will actually find some good books as well as some distributors of leaf and materials----what you have to make sure of is that you use the right type of leaf as well as the right type of sizing for automotive use-------i actually found a company that sells gold leaf in rolls just like fine line 3m tape-----the biggest thing that i see w/ most gold leaf applications is when you use the sheets you have alot of waste---so by using the rolls that come in various thinkness you can save lots of material-----the only bad part about them is that they do not come in red varigated leaf which is my preference for use on automobiles-----------you also have to learn about the various qualities of leaf--------they have chinese, japanese, italian, german, etc-----------someone who has been doing gold leaf for a long long time told me that the "german gold" is the best-----------good luck--peace

"richee"

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Originally posted by lowriderlife@Aug 21 2003, 09:24 AM
if you do an engine search on gold leaf you will actually find some good books as well as some distributors of leaf and materials----what you have to make sure of is that you use the right type of leaf as well as the right type of sizing for automotive use-------i actually found a company that sells gold leaf in rolls just like fine line 3m tape-----the biggest thing that i see w/ most gold leaf applications is when you use the sheets you have alot of waste---so by using the rolls that come in various thinkness you can save lots of material-----the only bad part about them is that they do not come in red varigated leaf which is my preference for use on automobiles-----------you also have to learn about the various qualities of leaf--------they have chinese, japanese, italian, german, etc-----------someone who has been doing gold leaf for a long long time told me that the "german gold" is the best-----------good luck--peace

"richee"
Can you tell me where you get your gold leaf at thats like pinstriping?

·
Registered
6,840 Posts
Originally posted by 64+Aug 22 2003, 09:28 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (64 @ Aug 22 2003, 09:28 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--lowriderlife@Aug 21 2003, 09:24 AM

"richee"
Can you tell me where you get your gold leaf at thats like pinstriping?[/b][/quote]
I CAN'T REMEMBER RIGHT OFF THE TOP OF MY HEAD----I KNOW THEY ARE LOCATED IN NEW YORK------------TRY USING----WWW.DOGPILE.COM---THENY TYPE IN GOLD LEAF SUPPLIES--------YOU WILL FIND THEM THERE

1 - 14 of 14 Posts