LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
16,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

looks pretty good.
i haven't tried it or know any1 who has.
any1 on here use the product yet ?

·
Registered
14,110 Posts
Originally posted by crenshaw magraw@Oct 4 2007, 08:19 PM~8934672

looks pretty good.
you redoin some truspokes???

·
Registered
16,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Maverick@Oct 5 2007, 02:28 AM~8934767
you redoin some truspokes???
no i was gonna use it on a hard hat for work, maybe chrome with some pinstriping.

·
Registered
7,229 Posts
Originally posted by crenshaw magraw@Oct 4 2007, 08:19 PM~8934672

looks pretty good.
it works pretty good if you are doing a smaller job like the hard hat, just dont go trying to redo some wheels and expect them to look like a real chrome job where they dip em....lol...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Stuff works allright for small shit like homie above me said. You need to base it in black first if I remember right. Do a test piece first before you shoot your whole hard hard. Some plastics the solvent in the paint will soften up and it never cures right. Also, dont expect it to hold up very long...after a bit of handling it turns yellow and shit.

·
Future Mod
41,962 Posts
Originally posted by leesautobodycustom@Oct 5 2007, 10:53 AM~8938106
Stuff works allright for small shit like homie above me said. You need to base it in black first if I remember right. Do a test piece first before you shoot your whole hard hard. Some plastics the solvent in the paint will soften up and it never cures right. Also, dont expect it to hold up very long...after a bit of handling it turns yellow and shit.
wonder if its good for model cars?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Originally posted by kustombuilder@Oct 5 2007, 08:55 AM~8938123
wonder if its good for model cars?

Nope. That's one of the plastics that the solvents eat. I was gonna have a bunch of stuff done for one of my model cars...I had dude shooting the stuff and it turned it into wet noodles.

It was for this car too...had to get another kit to replace the parts. :uh:

·
Registered
7,933 Posts
Originally posted by crenshaw magraw@Oct 4 2007, 07:19 PM~8934672

looks pretty good.

i wonder if this stuff will work on the tail light vesels on my caprice ? they are chrome and it's plastic also

·
Registered
74 Posts
Originally posted by CAPRICHOSO86@Oct 5 2007, 09:33 AM~8938289
i wonder if this stuff will work on the tail light vesels on my caprice ? they are chrome and it's plastic also

I would say yes, the stuff works good on harder plastics. Like always though, I reccommend doing a test piece. ;)

·
Registered
749 Posts
Originally posted by leesautobodycustom@Oct 5 2007, 12:53 PM~8938106
True dat, I was gonna paint my welding helmet, and my instructor told me that I have to be extremely careful about what paint I use because solvent based paints will destroy it.

·
Registered
7,004 Posts
I WAS GONNA BUY IT TO DO LIL THING FOR MY CAR LIKE BEZZELS N I ALSO WANTED TO GO MY GRILL "1975 IMPALA" BUT IDK WHEN I WENT TO THE ALSA SHOW IT DIDNT REALLY LOOK ALL THAT

·
Registered
7,933 Posts
Originally posted by leesautobodycustom@Oct 5 2007, 11:20 AM~8938490
I would say yes, the stuff works good on harder plastics. Like always though, I reccommend doing a test piece.  ;)
i just order that stuff see how it goes :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
21,387 Posts
Originally posted by leesautobodycustom@Oct 5 2007, 11:59 AM~8938147
Nope. That's one of the plastics that the solvents eat. I was gonna have a bunch of stuff done for one of my model cars...I had dude shooting the stuff and it turned it into wet noodles.
I think if you spray a gloss black basecoat, using some enamel or something. then it will do alright. I've sprayed all kinds of laquers and urethanes onto models before. You just need to seal the plastic before you do it. Either with primer or some other basecoat. (in this case, gloss black)

I'm not sure what their black base is....laquer probably, which will eat the plastic and make it textured. Throw some primer down first and it should be fine though.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Originally posted by 1ofaknd@Oct 5 2007, 11:41 PM~8941518
I think if you spray a gloss black basecoat, using some enamel or something. then it will do alright. I've sprayed all kinds of laquers and urethanes onto models before. You just need to seal the plastic before you do it. Either with primer or some other basecoat. (in this case, gloss black)

I'm not sure what their black base is....laquer probably, which will eat the plastic and make it textured. Throw some primer down first and it should be fine though.
I thought laquer+enamel=bad news

·
Premium Member
21,387 Posts
Originally posted by FWDFleetwood@Oct 6 2007, 02:48 AM~8942507
I thought laquer+enamel=bad news
i dont know what that killer stuff is....is it laquer? Either way, just need to prime and prep your plastic properly and you should be fine.

·
Registered
10,530 Posts
Originally posted by 1ofaknd@Oct 6 2007, 04:41 AM~8941518

yup thats exactly what i was thinking, some primer to isolate the model, and youll be fine

1 - 20 of 35 Posts