LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about getting a new ride, a 2003/04. I don't want to keep the regular stock paint, but then again I don't want to repaint the whole ride if its got clean ass brand new paint from the factory. So really my question is, is it possible to just get it wetsanded down a bit, then re-clearcoat it with some flake in it? I just don't want it to look like factory paint, then again I don't want to take the cheap way out. Thanx...

·
Registered
282 Posts
Dependin on the color of the car I would flake it....unless the flake is the same color as the car. If I was in your situation here is what I would do....scuff the clear and get some Ice Pearl or some type of tight pearl and mix it in your clear. On the newer 03/04 cars I think Pearl would look better since the newer cars have more jagged edges and smooth edges (ie. Honda's, Lincolns and so on)

·
Registered
14,363 Posts
Originally posted by edgarcarrillo253@May 19 2011, 11:24 PM~20590339
what kind of car are you getting ? it all depends on what kind of car and how it looks some cars you just got to leave them stock .
lol, what ever it was im sure its paid off by now.... topic started in 2003

·
The Great White Hype
59,428 Posts
Originally posted by lowlowlow@May 20 2011, 09:26 AM~20591974
:roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:
x2 :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Originally posted by 3rdCoast_Kobra@Jul 25 2003, 12:15 AM~916056
Dependin on the color of the car I would flake it....unless the flake is the same color as the car. If I was in your situation here is what I would do....scuff the clear and get some Ice Pearl or some type of tight pearl and mix it in your clear. On the newer 03/04 cars I think Pearl would look better since the newer cars have more jagged edges and smooth edges (ie. Honda's, Lincolns and so on)
You took it to eddie at 3rd coast? what all did he do to your ride? 3 years ago til now?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts