LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm not hating on the slingshot idea, i think it is quite good but i am wondering why nobody ever adds a second upper arm, g-body style, on their 64's? if all 4 arms were fully boxed wouldn't that eliminate any strength problems? this system has worked fine on all g-body's so why not on Impala's? i believe the hopper, "the next episode" has this dual arm system installed and it hits some good inches.

Last edited by schmidt64 at Jan 11 2004, 08:39 PM

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
triangular 4-links works just fine allso, for a high lockup they are great but they get alot more bend and stress on them when pulling 3's. a slingshot/wishbone gets no bend at all.
thats the showngo 64 you're talking about right? i love that car!

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
the X frames are much narrower in the back than g-body frames thats why 4-links are a little messy to get in place spacewise.
if you do a 4 link that has straight upper arms, like just adding a second banana bar you will have nothing holding the axle sideways.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i am just trying to get an easy system that will allow full use of 14" cylinders for rear lift, the car will not be 3-wheeled. why are g-bodys able to run a dual upper arm system and not have to worry about side to side axle movement? and the upper arms would be curved still, would that make a difference?

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Originally posted by schmidt64@Jan 12 2004, 07:03 PM
i am just trying to get an easy system that will allow full use of 14" cylinders for rear lift, the car will not be 3-wheeled. why are g-bodys able to run a dual upper arm system and not have to worry about side to side axle movement? and the upper arms would be curved still, would that make a difference?
the g-bodys 4-links are triangular wich keeps the rearend sideways.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Originally posted by schmidt64@Jan 12 2004, 12:03 PM
g-bodys able to run a dual upper arm system
any pics???
im lookin to do a frame for my monte this summer probably

Last edited by Liquid Swordz at Jan 12 2004, 05:42 PM

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Liquid Swordz+Jan 12 2004, 04:32 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Liquid Swordz @ Jan 12 2004, 04:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--schmidt64@Jan 12 2004, 12:03 PM
g-bodys able to run a dual upper arm system
any pics???
im lookin to do a frame for my monte this summer probably[/b][/quote]
they all have dual upper arms from factory

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
Originally posted by bigdanmcintosh@Jan 12 2004, 07:36 PM
g body rear arms...

l / \ l

impala rear arms

l l l

see the difference?
what do you know you have bags :roflmao:

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Originally posted by rollin low in a grand prix+Jan 12 2004, 09:43 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rollin low in a grand prix @ Jan 12 2004, 09:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--bigdanmcintosh@Jan 12 2004, 07:36 PM
g body rear arms...

l / \ l

impala rear arms

l  l l

see the difference?
what do you know you have bags :roflmao:[/b][/quote]
my bag in your mouth bitch boy...

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
One of the most impressive I have seen is "KING OF THE STREETS" 1963 Impala used 2 factory bars instead of 1

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
Originally posted by bigdanmcintosh+Jan 12 2004, 07:46 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigdanmcintosh @ Jan 12 2004, 07:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -rollin low in a grand [email protected] 12 2004, 09:43 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--bigdanmcintosh
@Jan 12 2004, 07:36 PM
g body rear arms...

l / \ l

impala rear arms

l  l l

see the difference?

my bag in your mouth bitch boy...[/b][/quote]
:uh:

:twak:

·
Gone But NEVER Forgotten
15,590 Posts
Originally posted by badass 64@Jan 12 2004, 04:35 AM
triangular 4-links works just fine allso, for a high lockup they are great but they get alot more bend and stress on them when pulling 3's. a slingshot/wishbone gets no bend at all.
thanks for the props badass. yes the triangulated does work really good without to much bind. we just cant get it to hit back bumper all the time yet. but it raises high lays lows 3 wheels and hops and oh yeah drives down the freeway at 80. so i guess it works well

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by showandgo+Jan 12 2004, 09:54 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (showandgo @ Jan 12 2004, 09:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--badass 64@Jan 12 2004, 04:35 AM
thanks for the props badass. yes the triangulated does work really good without to much bind. we just cant get it to hit back bumper all the time yet. but it raises high lays lows 3 wheels and hops and oh yeah drives down the freeway at 80. so i guess it works well[/b][/quote]
how difficult were those bars to make?

·
Gone But NEVER Forgotten
15,590 Posts
it just took alot of time but the design was actually very simple

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
just measure everything up really carefully, check and double check the measurements, and then check them again!
thats what makes a rearend work smoothly whatever construction you choose to go with...

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Originally posted by showandgo+Jan 13 2004, 05:54 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (showandgo @ Jan 13 2004, 05:54 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--badass 64@Jan 12 2004, 04:35 AM
thanks for the props badass. yes the triangulated does work really good without to much bind. we just cant get it to hit back bumper all the time yet. but it raises high lays lows 3 wheels and hops and oh yeah drives down the freeway at 80. so i guess it works well[/b][/quote]
what up jimmy! bet your freezin your ass off over there!
i sure am over here! :cheesy:

·
Gone But NEVER Forgotten
15,590 Posts
Originally posted by badass 64+Jan 13 2004, 06:38 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (badass 64 @ Jan 13 2004, 06:38 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 13 2004, 05:54 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--badass 64
@Jan 12 2004, 04:35 AM

thanks for the props badass. yes the triangulated does work really good without to much bind. we just cant get it to hit back bumper all the time yet. but it raises high lays lows 3 wheels and hops and oh yeah drives down the freeway at 80. so i guess it works well
what up jimmy! bet your freezin your ass off over there!
i sure am over here! :cheesy:[/b][/quote]
freezing with 8" of snow and its still coming down

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Originally posted by bigdanmcintosh+Jan 12 2004, 09:46 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigdanmcintosh @ Jan 12 2004, 09:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -rollin low in a grand [email protected] 12 2004, 09:43 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--bigdanmcintosh
@Jan 12 2004, 07:36 PM
g body rear arms...

l / \ l

impala rear arms

l  l l

see the difference?

my bag in your mouth bitch boy...[/b][/quote]
i have a g-body and a 64 impala and he is right

1 - 20 of 23 Posts