LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yes sirs,
I have been looking for this amp for quite a while.

I have 3 dual 4ohm REx8's wired up to 2.67ohms
and they play rather high in the hz range for being little 8" subs.

right now they are being powered off a old rockford fosgate punch 200w mono block amp that is probly feeding them about 200 rms watts to the trio.
but - this amp has settings for hpf / lpf / and full range wich is what im running to the subs with the eq turned down some of the realley high stuff.
but the subs are sadly underpowered at 67w each at the moment - compaired to the rest of my system wich is also amped and sounding sweet.

each sub is capable of taking 150w daily all day and can be maxed out at 175+rms daily with good tuning and careful eye on the gain knob and ear for distortion.

finding a monoblock amp that will handle 600w @ 2.67 ohms is no problem - its the hz range that the amp will reproduce and power hz ranges is whats holding up the show here. I definately am hell bent on trying to play the little 8's at least up to the 500hz range and maby more if i can find the right amp that will produce sounds from the 20hz range up to 500/800/or 1K range that would be ideal. if I need to tune out some of the upper frequencys than I can do that with an eq.

so....
anyone know what amp is going to fit the bill for me here ?

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Originally posted by brian84corvette@Feb 12 2010, 01:03 AM~16590789
yes sirs,

right now they are being powered off a old rockford fosgate punch 200w mono block amp that is probly feeding them about 200 rms watts to the trio.
but - this amp has settings for hpf / lpf / and full range  wich is what im running to the subs with the eq turned down some of the realley high stuff.
but the subs are sadly underpowered at 67w each at the moment - compaired to the rest of my system wich is also amped and sounding sweet.

each sub is capable of taking 150w daily all day and can be maxed out at 175+rms daily with good tuning and careful eye on the gain knob and ear for distortion.

finding a monoblock amp that will handle 600w @ 2.67 ohms is no problem - its the hz range that the amp will reproduce and power hz ranges is whats holding up the show here.  I definately am hell bent on trying to play the little 8's at least up to the 500hz range  and maby more if i can find the right amp that will produce sounds from the 20hz range up to 500/800/or 1K range that would be ideal.  if I need to tune out some of the upper frequencys than I can do that with an eq.

so....
I have four kick l7 8's in my car they are running at 80hz. My amp is an Addictive Audio 200.1 which is a TRUE 2000 watt amp. 500/800/1k is mostly a midrange frequency. You are using the speakers for subs right? If so drop the hertz down to atleat 100hz low pass LPF. Full range is what it is FULL RANGE no crossover noting. Hit the low pass tune to at least 100hz.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Originally posted by brian84corvette@Feb 12 2010, 02:03 AM~16590789
yes sirs,

but - this amp has settings for hpf / lpf / and full range  wich is what im running to the subs with the eq turned down some of the realley high stuff.

finding a monoblock amp that will handle 600w @ 2.67 ohms is no problem - its the hz range that the amp will reproduce and power hz ranges is whats holding up the show here.  I definately am hell bent on trying to play the little 8's at least up to the 500hz range  and maby more if i can find the right amp that will produce sounds from the 20hz range up to 500/800/or 1K range that would be ideal.  if I need to tune out some of the upper frequencys than I can do that with an eq.

so....

i got a bd 500 factory bumped does 600 rms clean..for like 150 shipped small footprint and has crossover and lo pass filter pm me..its from 95 fresh rebuild from a tech from rtti..

·
Registered
11,655 Posts
Originally posted by BIG DIRTY@Feb 12 2010, 10:25 AM~16592431
I GOT AN AMP FOR YA!!!!!  $275.  GIVE YA ABOUT 800 CLEAN WATTS OF POWER
Better snatch that shit up brianvette

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
Originally posted by baggedout81@Feb 12 2010, 02:53 PM~16594216
Better snatch that shit up brianvette
SHIT AND ROOM TO GROW WITH IF YOU DECIDE LATER YOU WANT TO GO A BIT MORE CRAZY

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the beauty of 8" subs is that they can handle some mid bass duty as well. im hell bent on sending them more than just sub frequency signals

whats the footprint of what cha got big dirty ?

tax money will be in a week or 2 so thats when ill make the purchace.

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
PICTURED IS A PPI PCX 4125 24 INCHES LONG, YEAH 24. THIS AMP WAS $879 RETAILED, WOULD LIKE IT GO FOR $400 WITH SHIPPING ABOUT $25, THIS THING WEIGHS ABOUT 12 LBS

FOR YOU OLD SCHOOL FOOLS, IMMACULATELY KEPT
2 - XTR 2150 SX. I WOULD GO $250 A PIECE OR $450 FOR BOTH PLUS SHIPPING
1 - HCCA 250. 100 WATT AMP THAT PRODUCES ALMOST 800 WATTS. $300 SHIPPEDEXAMPLE OF THE COST

AND YOU GOTTA BE REAL OLE SKOOL TO KNOW ABOUT
ADS PQ-10 4 CHANNEL AMP
ADS PH-15 6 CHANNEL AMP
ADS 642 PS CROSSOVER

LETS TALK ABOUT IT, FAIR TRADS FOR PRODUCTS, BUT THESE THINGS ARE NOT CHEAP, AND I HAVE BEEN STORING THEM FOR YEARS. HMMM MAYBE SOME CHROME WORK FOR TRADE..................... :cheesy:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts