LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my brother turned his stereo up too loud and it went to protection mode and his amp wouldn't come back on, it stayed in protection mode. When I checked the fuse and the power wire it was completely melted. What would cause it to melt?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
873 Posts
probably using to thin of wire, please tell us your not using an extension cord as a power wire. one of my homies was over here and had his shit hooked up with one of those orange extension cords, not even a big heavy duty one, just a cheap ass 10$ flea market special.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,100 Posts
Originally posted by BigDaddyHustle@Sep 7 2006, 11:56 PM~6128901
probably using to thin of wire, please tell us your not using an extension cord as a power wire. one of my homies was over here and had his shit hooked up with one of those orange extension cords, not even a big heavy duty one, just a cheap ass 10$ flea market special.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: thats fucked up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,868 Posts
I put my professional opinion with the above vote.

Professional
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
204 Posts
wire size could be to small for the fuse or it could be as simple as a loose connection, if the fuse was loose or the connection at the fuse holder was loose it would cause an arc which will build heat and melt the holder
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top