LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i was wondering if someone could help me with my amp.

see recently it blew a fuse, and so i got some more fuses. i put a new fuse in and right as i put it in, it blows. i check under the hood and the fuse under the hood is blown as well, so i take it off and run it straight to the battery, i put another fuse in the amp, and it blows agian! i have a good ground and everything, and i dont know what the rpboelm is. when the amp doesnt blow the fuse, it goes on and off. then eventually blows the fuse

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
What do you have it loaded with. Remove all the speakers leads first, if it is still blowing, somewhere you Power wire is touching metal.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Originally posted by that1bmxguy@Sep 19 2005, 09:39 PM~3846160
hey i was wondering if someone could help me with my amp.

see recently it blew a fuse, and so i got some more fuses.  i put a new fuse in and right as i put it in, it blows.  i check under the hood and the fuse under the hood is blown as well, so i take it off and run it straight to the battery, i put another fuse in the amp, and it blows agian!  i have a good ground and everything, and i dont know what the rpboelm is.  when the amp doesnt blow the fuse, it goes on and off. then eventually blows the fuse

the inline fuse holder is there for a reason...

i would suggest putting it back and replacing the fuse... then trace through your hot wire layout, and check your ground wire lay out as well...check to make sure you are using the right fuses... make sure the car is off when your doing all this, and if you want (just for matter over mind issues), disconnect any speaker wires to the amp before you do this as well...

-good luck

-qs

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
power wire isnt touching any metal, ground is good, i dont see whats wrong with it. the second i put a fuse in, the fuse blows. i used to ahve it ran without the power wire fuse under the hood though and it worked, so i dont see why its not working now.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Originally posted by that1bmxguy@Sep 19 2005, 10:44 PM~3846629
power wire isnt touching any metal, ground is good, i dont see whats wrong with it.  the second i put a fuse in, the fuse blows.  i used to ahve it ran without the power wire fuse under the hood though and it worked, so i dont see why its not working now.
ever thought that THAT's why it DOESNT work now, becuase you didnt install it properly to begin with?

why dont you disconnect the hot wire from the terminal, then add the fuse, then reconnect it... it sounds like you still have it hooked up to the battery while you are trying to add those fuses...

im not saying thats the reason, im just giving you avenues to venture in while in your quest of figuring out whats wrong...

if you've done everything suggested in this thread, and you still have that problem, i dont know what to tell you...

i dont think you have though so, blah balh blah blah blah

-qs

·
Registered
349 Posts
I hooked up 2ohm per channel on a kenwood and it ran fine for a couple weeks then took a dump. The specs said it was 2ohm stable per channel but I dont think so.And my amp does the same thing as your does. when I put a fuse in the amp it automatically blows.No matter how I try to hook it. I could disconnect everything and hook it all back up right but as soon as I hit it with power it blows the fuses on the amp, but the fuse under the hood has never blown. Maybe a different problem than yours ???

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Either amp's power supply is pulling more current, sounds like the switching power circuit (or amp power supply) thats on the motherboard is FUBAR. This sometimes happens when a amp has been wired down to a resistive load lower than the transistors can switch at.

Bummer dude. :(

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
Originally posted by snoopdan@Sep 20 2005, 01:19 AM~3848203
Either amp's power supply is pulling more current, sounds like the switching power circuit (or amp power supply) thats on the motherboard is FUBAR.  This sometimes happens when a amp has been wired down to a resistive load lower than the transistors can switch at. 
Bummer dude.  :(
I was gonna say that next, but you talk about the worst last. This Car Stereo place installed my Cadence A6 and they did not know how to set the digital crossover and fucked up a resistor on my power board. And it was doing the same thing. As soon as I connected the power, it would snap the fuse.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts