LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I GOT TWO 10" MTX SUBS, BUT THEY ARE BOTH 8 OHM, AND I HAVE A 600 WATT 4 CHANNEL LANZER AMP. CAN I STILL BRIDGE TWO CHANNELS TO EACH SPEAKER EVEN IF THEY ARE 8 OHM? THE WOOFERS ARE 400 WATTS MAX AND 200 WATTS RMS. DO I NEED TO TURN THE AMP ALL THE WAY DOWN SO I DONT BLOW THEM.? OR WILL IT BE OK?

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
yup i do it all the time ;)

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Yep ..the only way you will have a prob with you amp is if you bridge each set of channels and present it with a load lower than 4 ohms. The 8 ohm load isn't going to hurt anything but you you only get half the power out of the amp. for example if it is a "150" watt per channel amp and you bridge each pair of channels you then have a "300" watt x 2 amp assuming you have a 4 ohm load. With a 8 ohm load you will have "150" watt x 2 amp.
Chris.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Why don't you parallel the subs together and bridge the two rear channels? Then you have two free channels for a pair of front speakers. Theoretically, this will give you the same power that wiring each sub separtate will, but realistically, you will probably get a little more juice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts