LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my mtx amp's remote wire is wired to the dome light fuse and its always on which fuse should I wire it to to make it turn off with my car because its overheating

·
Registered
338 Posts
Why don't you wire the remote wire from the amp to the headunit remote wire so when u turn off the headunit the amp shutsoff also :0

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
Originally posted by 87cutlass@Dec 20 2003, 04:03 PM
my mtx amp's remote wire is wired to the dome light fuse and its always on which fuse should I wire it to to make it turn off with my car because its overheating
Yeah that is what I was wondering.

·
Registered
219 Posts
If you wire theREMOTEwire to the spot on the backof your deck like it is supposted to be then it wont do that anymore why did you wire it to that anyway

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
IS IT THE STOCK RADIO OR IS IT A GOOD ONE? IF ITS A GOOD ONE THEN THE REMOTE WIRE IS BLUE WIT A WHITE STRIPE

·
Registered
4,128 Posts
If you have a stock head unit run the remote wire to you accessory wire on the back of the radio. Thats the radio that gets 12v when you turn the key on. And check out that over heating problem, cuz thats not caused just by the amp being on you probably have the amped bridged to a low ohm load.

·
Banned
8,749 Posts
go to circuit city and have them look at it for you . they dont charge anyging to look maybe they can help you out.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
does it have a power antenna lead, wheni was using the factory infinity cd player in my old chrysler i hooked the remote lead to it, factory gm radios have a power antenna lead, assuming you have a cutlass

Last edited by shredder130 at Dec 24 2003, 05:36 PM

1 - 11 of 11 Posts