LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you guys think would be a good amp to run 1 si magnum for a resonable price. i would like to spend about 500 on a amp. they say candence z9000 but thats to much. just like to get ideas
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,630 Posts
i got my a7hc for 275 shipped :biggrin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
807 Posts
ewww...cadence :uh:

Thats not the kind of company you want to deal with.....trust me. I don't want to get into it here, but feel free to search termpro, cap, or any of the other forums to see what I'm talking about.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,510 Posts
Originally posted by ohsolow@Sep 1 2003, 08:54 AM~1020956
what do you guys think would be a good amp to run 1 si magnum for a resonable price. i would like to spend about 500 on a amp. they say candence z9000 but thats to much. just like to get ideas
well if ur not trying to spend too much, i researched for myself when i purchased last, the only inexpensive brand thats any good is hifonics, otherwise just look at amps specs, thats where u know if its good or not.. you want the lowest thd possible, high damping factor and only look at the rms watt output, i like diamond audio, jl, esoteric, us amps,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
154 Posts
If price is a factor I would go with AQ. Hifonics is overrated, and AudioQ does rated and then some.

And you guys do know this thread started back in '03 right?

:twak:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,007 Posts
Originally posted by playboi13@Dec 16 2010, 06:40 PM~19345267
well if ur not trying to spend too much, i researched for myself when i purchased last, the only inexpensive brand thats any good is hifonics, otherwise just look at amps specs, thats where u know if its good or not.. you want the lowest thd possible, high damping factor and only look at the rms watt output, i like diamond audio, jl, esoteric, us amps,
This guy's last login was 04 :uh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,510 Posts
Originally posted by L.Daco1@Dec 16 2010, 08:49 PM~19347846
If price is a factor I would go with AQ. Hifonics is overrated, and AudioQ does rated and then some.

And you guys do know this thread started back in '03 right?

:twak:
lol.. thats funny were answering questions from 03...

but.. i dont know if you know that the AQ amp equivalent to the hifonics amp has a thd of 1%.. which is horrible.. u can get better thd on a jensen.. and that thd was tested at four ohm. so it gets worse at 2 or god forbid 1 ohm.. not to mention that the output is at 16volts, i dont know any cars that run at 16volts.. just my 2 cents
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top