LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all, just looking for some pointers on upgrading my next project. Mainly inthe engine & chassis dept. It's one of those like the old amt 64 Impala. metal axles & all. Looking for a different chassis the way we used to use the 62 Bel Air kit. Only this is a ford & trying to keep it realistic.

Whaddaya think???

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
Originally posted by dig_derange@Dec 8 2003, 05:58 PM
Hey y'all, just looking for some pointers on upgrading my next project. Mainly inthe engine & chassis dept. It's one of those like the old amt 64 Impala. metal axles & all. Looking for a different chassis the way we used to use the 62 Bel Air kit. Only this is a ford & trying to keep it realistic.

Whaddaya think???

Scale Auto did a restoration article of a 68 Lincoln, I don't remember which issue it was, but I think they used a Torino to update it.

I can't reach my back issues where I got them stored, i'll try to find out which one it was.

K. Diaz

Last edited by BigPoppa at Dec 8 2003, 06:05 PM

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
Originally posted by dig_derange@Dec 8 2003, 06:01 PM
Actually, I could also use some ideas on the whole finish - how would you work it?? Rims, paint, etc??
I dunno about a lowrider, I think they look badass stock with a little bit of a drop, that's how I'm going to build mine eventually.

K. Diaz

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by BigPoppa@Dec 8 2003, 08:46 PM
Turns out it was Car Modeler 2002 (it's a once a year issue) I have no idea how to get to it though, but I asked around and they confirmed the conversion using the Torino. If you really want it bad, I can climb over my crap and get it to scan

K. Diaz
much appreciated, don't worry about finding the issue. Just knowing it was a Torino kit helps a ton. I'm sure I can work the conversion from there. The hard part will be finding that kit. Let me know if you happen to run into someone that has one.

And yeah I like em pretty stock, but I gotta drop some rims on it. I was kinda thinking of getting some 20 wires for it ( all chrome ) & doing it in black like that one that Clipse had. Add a flawless build & call it a kit. But I'm still playing with a cpl ideas & open minded.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
Originally posted by dig_derange+Dec 8 2003, 08:30 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dig_derange @ Dec 8 2003, 08:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--BigPoppa@Dec 8 2003, 08:46 PM
Turns out it was Car Modeler 2002 (it's a once a year issue)  I have no idea how to get to it though, but I asked around and they confirmed the conversion using the Torino.  If you really want it bad, I can climb over my crap and get it to scan

K. Diaz
much appreciated, don't worry about finding the issue. Just knowing it was a Torino kit helps a ton. I'm sure I can work the conversion from there. The hard part will be finding that kit. Let me know if you happen to run into someone that has one.

And yeah I like em pretty stock, but I gotta drop some rims on it. I was kinda thinking of getting some 20 wires for it ( all chrome ) & doing it in black like that one that Clipse had. Add a flawless build & call it a kit. But I'm still playing with a cpl ideas & open minded.

Thanks again.[/b][/quote]
yeah I would use 20s too maybe 20 wires or alliance or kmcs like on the 1/64 scale 65 continantal and paint it black with a red interior :cool:

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
or maybe paint it candy green over a silver base and chrome 13s and lowered

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah I'd almost have to do it in black. But the interior is my big question right now. I was originally thinkin white w/ black dash & carpet but I seen one by Marilyn Manson in his Tainted video & he had the red interior, so that is def. an option now. looked friggin cool. But the next thing is if I do do it in red; what do I use for paint or should I use flocking for that hearse feel? I don't want it to look cheesy or unrealistic, ya know. :dunno:

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by 66pontiac@Dec 8 2003, 11:09 PM
really now that I give it some thought that would be a pretty phat traditional styled low, but I'm still thinkin those Linc's look best in black, & being this may be the only kit like this I get my hands on ( until they make a reissue anyway), I don't wanna do something outlandish, I might grow tired of...

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
Originally posted by dig_derange+Dec 9 2003, 11:12 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dig_derange @ Dec 9 2003, 11:12 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--66pontiac@Dec 8 2003, 11:09 PM
really now that I give it some thought that would be a pretty phat traditional styled low, but I'm still thinkin those Linc's look best in black, & being this may be the only kit like this I get my hands on ( until they make a reissue anyway), I don't wanna do something outlandish, I might grow tired of...[/b][/quote]
ok I said that color because I saw one around here and it was that color candy green and chrome rims

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by 66pontiac+Dec 9 2003, 06:53 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (66pontiac @ Dec 9 2003, 06:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 9 2003, 11:12 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--66pontiac
@Dec 8 2003, 11:09 PM

really now that I give it some thought that would be a pretty phat traditional styled low, but I'm still thinkin those Linc's look best in black, & being this may be the only kit like this I get my hands on ( until they make a reissue anyway), I don't wanna do something outlandish, I might grow tired of...
ok I said that color because I saw one around here and it was that color candy green and chrome rims[/b][/quote]
still I wanted to thank you for the idea mayn

·
Registered
64 Posts
black, on the ground, shaved everything, skull shifter, black carpet, black seats, with white centers (old school lowbacks) billet steering wheel, big billet rims
socalcustoms.com
go to features on there, and look at the lowlincoln or something like that.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by locust@Dec 9 2003, 10:38 PM
black, on the ground, shaved everything, skull shifter, black carpet, black seats, with white centers (old school lowbacks) billet steering wheel, big billet rims
socalcustoms.com
that's what I'm talking about & alright I check that out

Thanks...

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by endlesslove2@Dec 10 2003, 12:50 AM
i dunno if it helps or not but wal mart has a 1/24th 70 torino diecast. maybe you could use the chassis from that.
cool thanks, but I found that AMT has a 69 in production. I'm hoping this'll be close enough. I haven't been able to find anything older even looking through those old ass collector kits going for a hundred bucks or anything, but yeah thanks, I might have to check that one out too for some cool chrome or something.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by locust@Dec 9 2003, 10:38 PM
socalcustoms.com
hey you know I still cant find any good pics like that on there or anywhere really, maybe not looking in the right places, & I couldnt even find nuthin bout features in that so cal site :twak:

·
Registered
439 Posts
Noooooo don't shave the door handles, that's the best part of the car...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts