LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 391 Posts

·
Registered
21,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i told u i would start it after Christmas.....

:biggrin:

·
Registered
15,630 Posts
nice, do a favor this summer plant some grass...

·
Registered
21,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by BuThatsaCHRYSLER@Jan 3 2004, 02:09 PM
nice, do a favor this summer plant some grass...
aint no use,,,,this is FL....sand everywhere,,,,,, :(

sixone........yeah i prolly would....i dunno,,,all depends on what i got offered :)

·
Premium Member
18,358 Posts
What are your plans for the duece?

·
Registered
21,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by JasonJ@Jan 3 2004, 02:26 PM

EVERYTHING....

frame off...

.............reinforce,mold/paint frame,,chrome undercarraige, redo paint on car, redo whole interior,suspension....

only bad thing is this......the guy before me replaced all the pans,,,,,BUT from the inside of the car,,,,,and left the old rotted ones under it.....WTF!!!..what do i do bout this? cut them all out,,and get new ones? and do it right.....or what?

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
so im not going to see it at spring fling :(

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Originally posted by droppen98@Jan 3 2004, 02:53 PM
so im not going to see it at spring fling :(
3 spring flings from now,lol J/P MO :0

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Hey you washed it!!, thats a start ;)

·
Premium Member
18,358 Posts
Originally posted by wired62+Jan 3 2004, 03:39 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (wired62 @ Jan 3 2004, 03:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--JasonJ@Jan 3 2004, 02:26 PM

EVERYTHING....

frame off...

.............reinforce,mold/paint frame,,chrome undercarraige, redo paint on car, redo whole interior,suspension....

only bad thing is this......the guy before me replaced all the pans,,,,,BUT from the inside of the car,,,,,and left the old rotted ones under it.....WTF!!!..what do i do bout this? cut them all out,,and get new ones? and do it right.....or what?[/b][/quote]
Cool homie, keep us posted... and if you need any help, let me know.

As for the floors.... if you are wanting to show the bottom, i would just replace everything that the previous owner did if you want it to be right and "know what you got". You should get the big floorpans that go from the front "toe-board" to the front of the rear seat pan.... they come split down the middle, so you have to buy a "left" and a "right".... but thats the whole damn floor, front to back, they are about $110 a side, and they arent too bad to install. A word of warning though dont forget that you will need to replace the 6 floorbraces also... these range from $45-$65 each, and you may need to replace one (or both) of the box braces behind the rear wheelwell, those got for around $50 or $55... so it all adds up when you really get into it.... just be prepared.

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
Originally posted by JasonJ+Jan 3 2004, 02:15 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JasonJ @ Jan 3 2004, 02:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 3 2004, 03:39 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--JasonJ
@Jan 3 2004, 02:26 PM

EVERYTHING....

frame off...

only bad thing is this......the guy before me replaced all the pans,,,,,BUT from the inside of the car,,,,,and left the old rotted ones under it.....WTF!!!..what do i do bout this? cut them all out,,and get new ones? and do it right.....or what?
Cool homie, keep us posted... and if you need any help, let me know.

As for the floors.... if you are wanting to show the bottom, i would just replace everything that the previous owner did if you want it to be right and "know what you got". You should get the big floorpans that go from the front "toe-board" to the front of the rear seat pan.... they come split down the middle, so you have to buy a "left" and a "right".... but thats the whole damn floor, front to back, they are about $110 a side, and they arent too bad to install. A word of warning though dont forget that you will need to replace the 6 floorbraces also... these range from $45-$65 each, and you may need to replace one (or both) of the box braces behind the rear wheelwell, those got for around $50 or $55... so it all adds up when you really get into it.... just be prepared.[/b][/quote]
You might not have to replace all the braces. jason, I did mine, and the braces were cool, just some bad spots in the floor. managed to cut all floors out, leaving braces hangin by rocker box, dropped in full floors (left and right like you said), then drilled holes only through floors, not braces, and plug welded new floors to braces. From underneath, you see no welds, looks great. I would cut out all floor and redo homes, end result is worth it. Ask jason j though bout removing floors with no frame under it !!!

·
Registered
21,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by westsidehydros@Jan 3 2004, 03:39 PM
Ask jason j though bout removing floors with no frame under it !!!

what does this mean??/^^^^^^^^^^^
yeah,,,i know its gonna be alot of little small things or big things,,im gonna need and its gonna add up...im prepared for that,,,,,the thing is,,i want it to be right,,,,no half ass shit,,,,when i bring it out,,i dont want there to be anyone sayin shit like,,,its aight,,but he coulda did this,,or that,,,,i want it to be RIGHT....

JasonJ.....where did u order your floor pans and access. from?where is the best place to go?

·
Registered
21,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i started scraping all the paint off of it today,,,paint is like 1/4'' thick....lol

·
Premium Member
18,358 Posts
Originally posted by wired62+Jan 3 2004, 08:10 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (wired62 @ Jan 3 2004, 08:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--westsidehydros@Jan 3 2004, 03:39 PM

yeah,,,i know its gonna be alot of little small things or big things,,im gonna need and its gonna add up...im prepared for that,,,,,the thing is,,i want it to be right,,,,no half ass shit,,,,when i bring it out,,i dont want there to be anyone sayin shit like,,,its aight,,but he coulda did this,,or that,,,,i want it to be RIGHT....

JasonJ.....where did u order your floor pans and access. from?where is the best place to go?[/b][/quote]
I am the same way.... thats why i replaced everything so it was all new. And i got all my stuff through James (ImpalaPartz on here).... low prices.

·
Premium Member
18,358 Posts
Originally posted by westsidehydros@Jan 3 2004, 04:39 PM

You might not have to replace all the braces. jason, I did mine, and the braces were cool, just some bad spots in the floor. managed to cut all floors out, leaving braces hangin by rocker box, dropped in full floors (left and right like you said), then drilled holes only through floors, not braces, and plug welded new floors to braces. From underneath, you see no welds, looks great.
I actually started to do it like you did.... but my braces were just caked with undercoating and shit, so i just got all new ones.... and i drilled the floorpan and plug welded like you said... makes it look really nice! ;)

·
Premium Member
18,358 Posts
Originally posted by wired62+Jan 3 2004, 08:10 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (wired62 @ Jan 3 2004, 08:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--westsidehydros@Jan 3 2004, 03:39 PM

[/b][/quote]
I guess he means from where i always tell everyone they should do their floorpan replacement while the body is on a frame because the body could twist if you do it while the body is off?

I took mine off the frame then had to go and put it back on the frame when it came time to do the floors.... then take it back off the frame when i was done, lol.... lots of extra work.... do the floors FIRST. :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 391 Posts