LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup all! If I'm going straight and I make a sharp turn (going like 20-25Mph) the cutty wants to keep going straight and makes the tires screech. I'm sure thats not supposed to happen, the tires are fairly new but the front are pretty worn from 3 wheeling. a couple weeks ago (when they were on a different car) I filled them to 40psi? is the proble them pressure or maybe I need new tires but the tread looks good. I don't know. Please help :confused:

Last edited by viznic at Aug 17 2003, 11:50 AM

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was going like 20Mph (maybe slower)?!?! This never happened with the truck you see in the aviatar. I know its lighter, but is this normal? A cutlass ain't all that big compared to lacs, impalas, etc? :dunno:

·
Registered
9,791 Posts
what have you got in the trunk ,does it do it all the time or when its locked up droped etc how many times has it happened to ya

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
You might want to check your alignment also.

·
Banned
8,749 Posts
The wheels are too small for that car. Lowrider magazine, even recmmends 14 inch wheels on lows if you actually drive them in traffic and 13's for show.

If the ground was wet from the rain, I could understand hydroplaining and sliding. But if the ground wasn't wet. The wheels are too small for the car..Upgrade before you wreck especially at 20MPH, that shoudn't be happening.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
If you have hydraulics then it could be from all the extra weight in your trunk. I have to keep the back up a little higher than the front to keep this from happening to my cutty. If you don't have juice then I would really consider taking your car to the shop for an alignment.

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Originally posted by S10lifted@Aug 17 2003, 08:24 PM
If you have hydraulics then it could be from all the extra weight in your trunk. I have to keep the back up a little higher than the front to keep this from happening to my cutty. If you don't have juice then I would really consider taking your car to the shop for an alignment.
DING DING DING

We Have a winner!

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Originally posted by 801Rider@Aug 20 2003, 04:27 PM
I've had 13's on my '94 Fleetwood for some time now, and have never slid. If you got a lowrider you roll low and slow. You don't take it around a corner like you would a race car. ;)
lol :biggrin:

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
"now listen, your taking these corners way too damn fast, you got to slow this mothafucka down! i almost spilled my yak on a $300 suit! get it together baby!"

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
lmao thats one of my favorite parts in that movie...my friends always tell me that i hit the corners too fast and thats why my front tires wear out faster lol

·
Registered
306 Posts
when i was rolling bald 15"s in my caprice i pulled a slow right hand turn in the rain and smacked into a cement divider! I turned right, but it went perfectly straight, the car didnt even think about turning until i was on top of that divider, luckily it was only 6-8" high! i was lucky, its not worth saving money by riding on bald tires :cool:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts