LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's another question to add to the list. Damn these 4100 are shitty. Ok here's the question. Will I be able to swap the 4100 with a 307 oldsmobile engine on a 84 Coupe Deville without changing or modifying anything in the engine compartment? Will I still be able to use the fuel injection, wires, computer, intake and exhaust manifolds?

·
Registered
489 Posts
you might be able to bolt it in, but thats about it nothing else will bolt up or work. the olds 307 have a carb so the fuel injection wont work. having experience with both engines, i think a well tuned 4.1 runs better that any 307. the 307s have quite a bit of torque but thats their only benefit. running them in the winter sucks and they overheat easily. (might have been only mine)

one question, if your're gonna go through the hassel of swaping motors why change from a shitty engine to a shittier engine? drop in a a oldsmoble 455, or pontiac 455.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The reason I was gonna use the 307 is because I have one that's just laying around and I didn't wanna go through the hassle of getting another tranny, drive shaft, alternator, distributor, ect..

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
will GM motors bolt up to the tranny that comes with the 4100?

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
Originally posted by minor87@Jul 31 2003, 10:55 PM
The reason I was gonna use the 307 is because I have one that's just laying around and I didn't wanna go through the hassle of getting another tranny, drive shaft, alternator, distributor, ect..
I did the same swop in mt 82 Fleetwood no problems 4.1 to 307 bolted right up. Just change the fuel pump in the gas tank.

·
~RIP BIG MIKE~
39,174 Posts
Originally posted by Bigthangs+Aug 2 2003, 09:35 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Bigthangs @ Aug 2 2003, 09:35 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--minor87@Jul 31 2003, 10:55 PM
I did the same swop in mt 82 Fleetwood no problems 4.1 to 307 bolted right up. Just change the fuel pump in the gas tank.[/b][/quote]
why change the fuel pump?

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Olds 307 will bolt up to your tranny. No need to change the fuel pump, a 4100 runs tbi which is low pressure, fine for carbs

1 - 9 of 9 Posts